Prologue

(SEQUEL TO THE BEAUTY AND THE ROGUE)

If you haven't read the first book I suggest you go and read that one first!

Happy Reading!

-------------

Cole's POV

"Guys, you're going to be late! Lets go!" Audrey yelled up the stairs as I chuckled and walked into the kitchen, shaking my head while I smiled.

"What?" Audrey asked while she hugged me, walking into the kitchen as well.

"I told you they'd be late." I laughed as she rolled her eyes playfully. "So how's my beautiful wife this morning?" I asked, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"I'm perfect. How's my handsome Alpha?" She asked, smirking.

"Amazing." I said as I kissed her lightly on the lips.

"Mom, have you seen my keys anywhere?" Kora asked as she walked into the kitchen, searching for her keys.

"Good morning to you too, Kora." I said playfully, making her stop and smile at me, walking over to hug me.

"Good morning, dad." She said into my shoulder as she squeezed my neck.

"Looking for these?" Our older son, Damon, said leaning against the doorframe, jingling my daughters keys in his hand, laughing.

"Aww, come on Damon. Give me my keys." Kora whined as she jumped at him, making him laugh and dodge her playful attack.

Audrey laughed at our children as they bickered like old people. "Okay guys. Your going to be late for school. Get out!" She laughed as they both faked hurt looks, before they broke and came over to hug there mother before they went to leave.

I wrapped my arm around Audrey's waist as they walked out, still playing at each other.

"They scare me every time they leave the house. A senior and a junior. They're just growing up too fast. Just yesterday they were fighting over their Legos, now it's keys." She said shaking her head. "Maybe this year, Damon won't be such a protective big brother and let Kora actually look for a young man." She laughed as I gave a soft growl.

"No boy is going anywhere near my little girl." I said as I kissed my wife's forehead. "Let's eat before the pack starts arriving for the pack meeting." I said as I pulled a chair for Audrey at the table and I brought over the eggs and bacon I had already fixed earlier.

After we ate, people started showing up at the pack house for the pack meeting I had called for the month. As the last few people starting arriving, Audrey and I went to the front of the room to quiet everyone before we got started.

My eyes scanned the crowd for my second in command, Collin, but he wasn't here.

"Sarah, where's Collin?" I asked her, but she just shook her head.

"I don't know. I was about to ask you the same thing." She said looking around the room. I sighed and nodded.

"We'll begin anyway. He should show up any minute." I said as I began with pack business.

About halfway through the meeting, Collin burst through the front door, instantly silencing me.

"Alpha," he said, asking for my permission to speak, breathily heavily like he had been running. I quickly nodded to him and he began.

"It's Damon and Kora." He said waking through the crowd towards Audrey and I. Audrey slowly came over to me, taking my hand in hers, worriedly.

"What about them?" She asked quickly with fear in her voice.

"There's been an accident." He said, making my heart stop. "We found their car but.. We can't find them."

Audrey's breath froze and she grasped my hand tighter as my snarl ripped through the air, wanting my children back.