Chapter 12

Kora's POV

The trees zoomed past me, moving in swirls as I ran through them in record speed.

Damon.

Damon.

Damon.

I said his name over and over again in my head until tears began to stream down my cheeks as I ran, getting closer and closer to him, but still so far away. I wouldn't get there in time. I couldn't. He was going to be gone by the time I reached him. Gone forever. The tree limbs scrapped against the open skin on my arms, cutting them, but I didn't care anymore.

Damon.

Damon.

I cried out as I pushed my legs faster, my lungs aaching but I really didn't care anymore.

Maybe the hurt would go away if I found him in time.

Maybe I wouldn't be too late.

Maybe I could save him.

But maybe I was lying to myself.

--------

Aakansha's POV

Answers. That's all I wanted, but just that one thing I couldn't seem to get from this mysterious man. I just starred at him, studying him as he did the same to me. Hayden, Saisha and Matthew were all downstairs explaining what happen to Damon. He had just arrived once we got Kora situated with the doctors. He demanded to see his little sister as soon as he stepped through the door, but he couldn't. And as many times as we tried to explain to him that the doctors needed their space right now, he just wouldn't listen. Eventually, it came down to some of our guards holding him down to keep him calm, but it didn't really help all that much.

"So run it by me again.. Why are you here?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

He opened his mouth to say something but before he could get a word out Matthew came up the stairs behind me and spoke softly.

"Damon still wants to see her." He said, sighing. I simply nodded not taking my eyes off the man.

"When she wakes up he can." I said, finally turning around to look Matthew as he gave me a small nod, turning to go back down the stairs.

"We're not done talking about this." I said to the man before I turned away and went down the stairs, following Matthew to go and explain things to Damon.

-----------

Kora's POV

Since I was a little girl, I had always dreamed about the day that I would finally find my mate like every other girl did. I pictured seeing him in front of a beautiful sunset while soft music played in the background or we would dance together beneath the moonlight with fireflies hummed around us but actually, it wasn't anything like that. I had already seen him once, and I was in pain.

It wasn't his fault, I'll give him that. But as far as I knew this whole mate things was disappointing so far.

Despite that, I still felt like I needed to see him. Maybe it was my wolf needing to see him or maybe I just needed to make sure he was real. Either way, I wanted to know where he was.

My eyes slowly open, my breaths still coming out in pants from my dream. I laid there, just breathing until my lungs finished crying out from lack of oxygen. Finally, my eyes slowly started to survey the room. It was completely empty of people and the only noise was my breathing. My side began to burn as I laid there longer, bringing back my memories of the previous day in a flash.