Chapter 13

Damon's POV

I dropped everything as soon as I got the call from Saisha saying that Kora had finally woken up. I practically ran to the village, needing to see Kora for myself. My parents, especially my mom, has been so worried lately, all but demanding to be taken to wherever Kora was being cared for to see her daughter herself. My father had finally calmed her down after the first few hours but when she heard that Saisha had called me she had gotten all worked up again, saying that she should be allowed to see her own baby.

Once I finally got away I headed straight to the village, not wasting any time. When I got there I allowed myself into the witches head house, not even waiting to be escorted inside. I started up the stairs toward the room that Kora had been staying in while she was healing. When I reached the top step I heard my name being called behind me. I turned and saw Kora smiling up at me from the bottom of the stairs.

I hurried back down them and enveloped her into a hug, pulling her closely to me. I sighed, releasing some of the stress that I had been holding on to.

"Hey big brother." She said into my shoulder as she held onto me.

"I've been so worried about you." I continued to hug her until she tried to push me away.

"Still fragile here." She reminded me as I let her go, making me give her a small smile.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, looking down at her stomach that was wrapped in bandages.

"Better." She said with a small smile. "How are mom and dad?"

"Moms been worried but dads keeping her down. You should probably come home soon though, just to help her." I said, but she only nodded.

"What have you told them?"

"Just that you had an accident and that you were staying with a good friend until you felt better." I explained tto her. "Mom and dad still don't know about the witches or anything. Dad has been trying to track down the Byron that took us the first time but he hasn't had any luck yet."

Behind her a door slowly opened, revealing a blonde haired man around our age. She turned to look at him as well, but looked back to me quickly after.

"Who's he?" I asked, my wolf growling at his presence. I already didn't trust him for some reason.

"He helped save me. He's not a threat." She said, picking up on my uneasiness. I just watched him not saying anything as he did the same to me. He walked up to stand behind Kora a little too close for my good judgment, but I didn't say anything. I knew if I opened my mouth I wouldn't be able to muffle the growl that my wolf was trying to force through my lips.

"I'm going to be coming home soon, Maybe tonight." Kora said, making me take my attention off of the man and onto her.

"Really? That's great." I said, smiling. "I'm sure mom would love to see you home."

"Me too. I miss the pack already." She turned back to look at the man again, but he kept his eyes on me, looking me up and down. "We should go." She said, looking back to me. I only nodded my head and followed her into the kitchen where I heard the rustling of pots and pans.

When we walked in I saw Aakansha and Hayden fixing dinner along with some of the servants that helped them. When we walked in Aakansha quickly came to hug me and Kora, smiling widely.

"Guess what." She said excitedly. She didn't even give Kora and I a chance to ask what before she began filling us in on what she was planning. "I know you're both ready to be home, so I planned a big dinner for tonight before you leave."