Chapter thirteen

Steve POV:

It had already been a week since the attack. I got out of the hospital after two days, as planned and then spent another three days at the Avengers facility's infirmary. During the last two days before I could say I had fully recovered, I stayed most of the time in my room.
Natasha was almost always there to keep me company, since she had been keeping a close eye on me the whole time and although I loved having her constantly by my side, I didn't like seeing her worry so much.

Since I had finally reached my full recovery, we all decided to spend the day together, to celebrate in a way. We agreed on a pool day, seeing how hot and sunny today's weather was going to be.

We had been out by the pool for like thirty minutes and Natasha still hadn't come down. I was wondering what was taking her so long. I decided to go and check if she was doing okay.

I knocked on her door and waited for her to tell me to come in.

"Hey, you okay?" I said coming into her room.

"Yeah, you? Still no pain?"

"No, I'm fine Nat. You have to stop worrying about that."

"I know, I'm trying." she said quietly.
"So, why aren't you outside with the others? Do you need something?" She then asked.

"No, I was just wondering what was taking you so long."

"Oh hmm, I just can't find my one-piece swimsuit. I've been looking for it for the past twenty minutes." she sighed, clearly frustrated by the situation and added "I do have a bikini but I don't really like wearing it."

"May I ask why?"

"I just don't feel very comfortable, especially because of my scars." She said, shyly.

"What are you talking about Natasha? I mean, have you even seen yourself? There's nothing you could possibly not look good in." I told her, a bit shocked that she could be insecure about her body.
"And who cares about those scars? In my opinion, they make you even more attractive because they show how much of a strong, badass woman you are" I added looking at the ground while playing with my fingers and trying my best not to blush.

"Stop it Rogers, you're gonna make me blush" She said chuckling.

We stayed there standing in front of each other for another like fifteen seconds and I still hadn't brought myself to look up at her.

She then came closer to me, used her finger to lift my head and make me face her.

"Thank you" she said, looking at me in the eyes with a smile on her lips.
What she did next instantly made a huge smile grow on my lips as well: she planted a kiss on my cheek.
I nodded as a "you're welcome" and got out of her room to let her change.

When she came down in her bathing suit and my eyes landed on her body, I felt my jaw slowly drop.

When I realized it, I closed my mouth and tried looking away but I couldn't. My gaze followed her as she was making her way to a deckchair next to Wanda.

"Steve, stop staring. I mean, you could at least try and be discreet about it..." said the brunette, with a smirk.

My eyes widened at her comment and I quickly started looking up at the sky, trying to avoid meeting anyone's eyes, especially the familiar emerald ones belonging to Nat.

"You can't really blame him Wanda. Like yeah he's a super soldier but he's still a man." I heard Sam say, chuckling.

"Oh my god guys, don't even start with that right now." Bucky exclaimed, putting his sunglasses on.

"Yeah, leave him alone. Poor Steve, he clearly doesn't like that kind of talk." said Nat. I still had my eyes directed to the sky but I could tell she was trying to keep herself from laughing at the situation.

"You can talk. You're the reason behind!" said Sam.

At that moment, all I wanted to do was run and hide, far away from the redhead. From all of them actually.

"What are you talking about? Wanda just said that to make him feel uncomfortable." said Nat, apparently oblivious to what was going on.

"Oh no darling, I did not make that up." I heard Wanda's voice say, probably still smirking.

"It's not our fault Capsicle can't keep his eyes off you." Sam added, and I was a hundred percent sure he was smirking too, clearly enjoying the situation as well.

Natasha POV:

Steve still hadn't said a thing. He had been staring at the sky the whole time, his face as red as my hair at this point.
And no matter how hard I tried to stop it, I could feel my cheeks getting hot as well when Sam finished his last sentence.

"Clint, bring me my glasses I think there's a problem with my sight" Tony excitedly said.

"What? Why?" asked a confused Clint.

"I think I've just seen Natasha Romanoff blush. Did you guys hear me? The Black Widow is blushing!" he shouted.

"I'm not blushing" I snapped, throwing him a death glare.

It took me a lot of strength to stop myself from getting up to punch him and shut him up.

Thankfully, nobody made another comment about that after I threatened Tony with my eyes.

After a few minutes, my cheeks had finally come back to their natural color and Steve seemed more comfortable too. He also eventually took his eyes off the sky, only to stare at his hands.

After some time, we just started having fun in the pool and enjoyed our day, as we had planned to, acting like nothing happened.

Steve and I didn't talk much at first, still a bit disturbed by the whole thing.
It didn't last long though, as we soon started laughing and joking around while playing some sort of water volleyball in the pool with our friends.

After the little game that somehow turned out to become very competitive, we just spent the rest of our time talking and enjoying each other's company, while sunbathing.

Being super heroes, days like this one were very rare so it felt really good to be able to just relax and have fun, together.

———
Hi!!

This chapter was quite funny to write haha😂
Hope you liked it :)

See ya in the comments 😜
🖖