Chapter V

3:47 am

I woke up to the sound of a river run captivated by the breeze of whispering trees and the earth that enveloped everything that stretched far and wide. Partial icicles broke off my skin as my body rendered pale by the shivering feeling lost in a tundra. 

I could finally feel my feet but it certainly been in better days. Without even thinking I dunked my head by the riverbank, I didn't care whether it was clean or it wasn't, the fact that I was dying with thirst was enough for me to do so. 

My eyes wandered through the forest, It was filled with life---completely opposite with the place I woke up before, there was no fire, no dark beings nor entities, no crashing planes nor rapid gunfire polluting the place, no thunder that tries to threaten my very existence nor echoes of a mourning past. But there was definitely a remnant of the past.

A bent and disfigured chunks, the debris of massive metals decorate the landscape from behind these gorgeous treelines, and the tear from the fabric of reality was still there this time it was bigger and still continues to grow as if it was feeding on something, there it lay up in the sky covering the clouds and the sun itself.

The feeling was all to well introduced to me, fear. huh, at this point what I fear most---was myself, for I no longer resemble this feeling towards the anomaly nor this---phenomenon. 

Fresh green danced as where the wind blew, moist brown tendered the soil, radiant display washed over the trees as it whispers to the melodies of birds and to the humming of the river. They were all perfectly in sync, they flourished and strived with life---bright, beautiful, life.

 Radiant as it was, there was still this shivering cold that blew ever so slightly. Behind me, this apocalyptic sight---this tear that grew in broad daylight was crying,  pure white marble dazzled as they fell from the hole above. It was snow.

Captivated by what felt like both compelling sides of a galant painting, that I forgot what was in the center of it all. "CAPTAIN!" Regardless of how cold it was or how my bare feet touched the majestic soil of tomorrow's bloom---I didn't seem to realize nor notice this.

Running through the uncharted territory, eyes shifting, heart beating. How could I've lost him! I ran as fast as I could, examining every bit of detail my eyes could see. The wreckage was massive as the anomaly itself, I turned and ran to what seems like an endless scavange for something that I prayed was there.

Faster---and faster I go. Until my world spun not knowing where to look, I was so fixed in finding him that I didn't even notice that my hands were caught up in a tangle between my hair. No! was the only word my mouth was worth mumbling on.

A white elegant and tranquil aura caught me breathless, It was tall---the very meaning of transcendence speaks of its fur. Its antlers bore flowers that bloomed out of nothing and at the right bore small leaves of perfect autumn---as if I could clearly watch the sunset if I stared long enough. 

It shifted its head towards me, Its eyes glowed rich in a blue haze, words come only second to what its eyes were telling me. This creature was whiter than of snow and more gentle than it was, even its antlers gleamed in white as if rays of the sun shined upon a masterful work of an armor. It stood taller by a couple of feet ---pride---certainly, flourished in its strong and benevolent posture. 

slowly---it galloped towards me. My eyes filled with its vibrant display as the creature even leaves life behind with each passing step. Pure, innocence, and true, bloomed in its every step. different saplings and a bouquet of flowers blossomed---" such life..." I couldn't even believe that such a creature exist.