Chapter X

3:47 am

I feel like the world flipped over as the gravity around me did after entering the hole out of that rift hidden in the fabric of reality. Everything flipped as I safely landed on my feet with nothing to bare on my chest, I wish I could say the same for Rio and Reins.

The rift closed as soon as I entered it. My bare feet against the pulsating black root-like veins that smudged from the floor to the walls and to the ceiling. I recognize the place, it was a house, this "was" my home.

The black plague casts its dark shadows over my home. Every furniture that I could remember still rests in place even though how much of it was soaking in black water. Fumes and mushrooms grew large and vast from walls to ceiling and corners of the house. 

Rio and Reins were in disarray, fear and belittlement had already plunge its fangs deep within their hearts. This, new, abomination---compares to nothing of what I've seen before, nor what it made me felt. It made me---mere dust, at its presence, my face: expressionless yet cautious about what this place might bring.

They were screaming at each other including to me for answers and enlightenment or at least a phrase that could put their mind to ease even by a little, but it was in all of us, we knew that nothing could put our souls to ease. Not even death can save us now. 

We were in the depths, following a voice that could and couldn't be. We're far too deep to emerge out of this predicament. It was like being trap in a cell where no daylight can touch, nor any kind of light could ever catch a glimpse. A prison too dark for light to see, hidden in a place where no living thing should enter nor seek.

-----------------------

3:47 am

The house was drifting in complete darkness like in space but there were no stars nor light that embedded its body, there was nothing. The part of the small hall was left as it is when a vacuum took me before.

It was ripped apart, wooden planks and other ornaments scattered and drifted apart as some floated in place. A gushing flicker of memory suddenly washed over me like a dam bursting all over. 

The repulsive creature from before. Sound, before there was none---yet now there is. Rio and Reins fell silently ill, we were in a complete stop. Everything is just a huge pile of wreckage, drifting in complete emptiness.

I felt like an astronaut stranded in space with no way of going back nor knowing where is "back". I who could not speak, ironically fell silent as well, Rio leaned next to the entrance of the living room with dead eyes set upon the abyss of absence.

Reins has his back bent as he sat upon the couch facing the direction of Rio but his mind travels elsewhere and his sight encompasses even this very house. Light from the bulbs suddenly flickered as did the television and that certainly grabbed our attention.

Reins was forced out of his chair as Rio's eyes wandered to the bulbs. We were all caught off guard, but what buries a dagger to my heart was the mystery of "what is to come".

A quick thundering hurricane ghasted in front of us, in a sudden fashion Ornaments, wooden pieces, planks, and chunks, were all violently twirling within the room. My body was shaken to the core once more, My ragged bones flew back against the wall with ease.

"GRRRSHHHH!"

I felt the vile and the sphere almost flinging out of my back pocket, my hands instinctively crawled for it---to save it. Then as if nothing has happened, everything that flew in grim violence fell.

Behind Reins was the kitchen room which connects to our room. A gargantuan black creature was there from once before, its head struggled and twitched repeatedly: his head was like a bag of live rats squirming out of the bag---scratching and biting their way out.

Its body thin and bent to the bones, Its one arms flailed on the floor for it was too long and massive and another raised up where Reins was held, Its nails cleaved and rugged as Reins skull pikes on it.

There was no room for him to struggle, one moment he breathes, and another for him to choke on his own blood as a massive nail passed through his throat like a red blazing knife through butter. 

As if that thing didn't smell the scent of death already, now Reins head was skewered into chunks and rests in its hands n nails like some sort of jewelry that gleamed in the creature's fingers. 

His Body all scrambled up like eggs when beaten, where his body was the whites and the blood was the yolk. Limbs are torn into different directions as bones deformed and go where it should have gone too. 

Everything of him was unrecognizable except for the memories left, I imagine his ghost wouldn't even dare to haunt the memory of him. A pool of blood slowly works its way towards me. Red wine it seems like, but no, it wasn't, it definitely wasn't.

It was my friends, this---is---my friend. Black lining parasites wiggled out of the creature's body and swarmed the chunks of flesh that surrounds the floor. The giant creature toppled down as it deformed into a swarm of black lining parasites, it looked like worms that I didn't know off. 

I couldn't take my eyes off this sinister, this massacre, this---is definitely---worst than death. My bones were frozen in place as my lips quivered. I didn't even look back at Rio nor remembered that he was there at all, he was a ghost to me.

A ghost that screamed in horror, a ghost that breathes the same air as I do. We're the dead men who wondered in...nothing.