Chapter XI

3:47 am

Rio ran as fast as he could towards the door. I heard his titanic footsteps as if he was a giant of his own---he scraped, pushed, kicked, and even punched the door open but nothing seemed to put down the wooden figure.

Desperation reluctantly sank within me as the black swarm devoured what was left of Reins, how could something so significantly distinct and describable turn into something rigid and knowledge bombarding---slowly the numerous swarm of dark putrid clamped up together once more.

At my moment of fall, light once more flickered by my side. I felt a ball burning in intense cinders, the sphere grew yet again in size as rotated it did highlighting symbols around with rays of brilliant light that blinds most of those who look, but not enough for me to do so.

"CLICK-CLICK"

"CLICK-CLICK"

"CLICK-CLICK"

Then it came to a lock. It burned brightly and hot that I had to drop and shield my eyes from its unstable flux of energy like a raging beast it roared out stray beams of magnificent light. I struggled to keep my eyes open both a hand and a whisper came preying unto me.

A massive swipe came across my chest, I felt one of its previous fingers got the side of my chest open. It felt as if a swarm of hornets stung me all at once and then being kicked by a horse afterward.

My frail body was sent flying from the living room across the hall and into the room next to it. My whole body started to cripple like a small ball, I flipped over, and rolled slightly to my sides. The pain was unbearable, water broke from both of my eyes, saliva dripped rapidly from my mouth as I try to cling for my life.

My breath growing smaller and smaller by the second, my hand unconsciously holds my chest as if it would help in preventing the pain. Water blurs everything around me as blood now escapes through my mouth, nose, and eyes even.

Blood also found a way to escape by the side of my chest, as blurry as my eyes could be---but still I tried to look how bad my chest had been. the middle section deflates as the right and the left side was unbalanced the other one was higher than the other portion.

A shade of purple, orange, and brown instantly filled my skin as dark red slivers down by the side of it. I had broken ribs, there's no way of denying it. Now I see dots of red at my left eye as blood continuos to cascade down my nose.

I couldn't move anymore, my body slowly became stiff, as if I was in a very cold chamber and now being covered in crystal shards. Each breath I take, I feel it escaping---as if I didn't know how to breathe.

Everything's silent now, I became deft. Yet somehow, whispers came to me.

"YTHEE..."

"IZMHER..."

"YTHEE...IZMHER..."

"YTHEE...IZMHER..."

My eyes wandered through my back pocket. "The...vile...the...vile" I kept mumbling in my thoughts.

My fingers, barely with life, crawled as gruelingly as it is already for my back pocket. I felt the swarm making its way through my feet. I raised the vile and saw the black spontaneous thing raging inside the glass container.

I was barely functioning at all as everything for me cascades slow. I am finally dying---

My mouth was mumbling what I assume are my last words. It was a name, I couldn't feel my lips nor hear my own thoughts but I know---that it would be her name.

-------------------------

3:47 am

Again blood splattered out of my mouth as I struggle to open the vile with my barebones as brittle as a string. The black substance leaped out of the vile and into the pool of swarm which scattered over me.

Afterglow has finally set in my eyes as the lids that held them slowly turn to a shut. Once more I knock on death's door, its whispers welcome me---

"H~~~O~~~M~~~E"

I heard her voice, by the back of this door. Her sweet precious voice, I've never wanted more in this life, never,

...one more time

...her voice shelters me

...she is my sanctuary.

Slowly did the door creaked as it opened, the other side...

was nothing. It was black as far as the eye could see. Grey particles floated everywhere like dust. No air captivated my lungs, and no voice rang in my ears.

It was empty. I'm now completely alone, no Rio, no Reins, no Xiao, no whispers, and no Summer. I've reached a place where no man---nor creatures of great horror---and not even by any God have set foot on.

I no longer felt pain---nor sadness, even lonesome and fear. I've lost the feeling of sensation.

I've reached the end. Where none can follow.

Then everything illuminated from above. A small circle of light hovered in the form of clouds. It grew bigger and brighter as I reluctantly stared at it. I limped as far away from it, realizing that it was sucking me in.

I heard the sound of air as sharp as it could be, I was lifted up on my feet and had faced the inevitable.