Chapter 14

_Chapter 14_

Ricky Martinez

So, Elliot had been cooped up at home for the past three days. His circulation seemed to have stabilized after constantly caving in every once and then. Thus, he wasn't allowed to handle anything exhausting and was forced to stay in bed which is why I didn't want to bother him too much even though I caught myself wanting to go call him to check up on him numerous time.

However he was supposed to return to school tomorrow.

And I realized how much time I consumed together with him when I noticed my excessive amount of free time. So instead of wasting it with anything unproductive, I focused on finishing the drawing of him before he returned back to school. Thus, I wanted it to be done so I could sneak in school later in the evening.

It was only the highlights and accents that needed to be done and where I was currently spending my time on when suddenly the door opened. I turned around, watching Liana coming in my room with a paper sheet in her hands.

"Why are you sitting on the floor?" She frowned and stared at the huge drawing before she widened her eyes. "Elliot!" She awed. "It's huge! Why did you draw such a big drawing of Elliot? Is it a gift? I knew you liked him," she giggled.

"No, that's not it. I just lost a bet," I rolled my eyes.

"Of course and the bet was to draw Elliot. That can't be right." She didn't believe me.

"What are you even doing here?" I sighed and eyed the paper in her hand.

"Uhm, Mom said you should control my text," she remembered and handed me her homework as I assumed. Therefore, I paused my worked to skim through the crappy but second grade appropriate text she wrote when I handed it back. "You don't write Wednesday like that."

"How do you then?" She frowned.

"W-E-D-N-E-S-D-A-Y," I spelled slowly when she gasped.

"What are you talking about? That doesn't make any sense!" She complained and grabbed my eraser and pencil to correct the mistake nonetheless.

"Hey don't used that! You know how expensive that pencil is?!" I sighed and took it back from her before she just shrugged.

"Just go stare back at Elliot, since you are so in love!" She made annoying kissing sounds just to tease me even more and stuck her tongue out. I groaned and grabbed my pillow to throw it at her but she successively dodged it and ran screaming out of the room in a rush.

"What a pain," I rolled and concentrated back on the drawing when suddenly my phone started ringing. Why were they all annoying me now? I sighed and grabbed my phone to see who was calling, but was surprised to see Elliot's name on the display. Okay maybe it wasn't quite his name, I half smirked when I eyed the work 'Crawling Freak' in amusement.

"Yeah?" I picked up the phone.

"Hey, it's me. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything," he sounded a little awkward like he wasn't used to calling people.

"It's fine, I wasn't jacking off or anything," I snorted.

"Ew, don't make me think about it," he shrieked, making me laugh in an instant as I could easily imagine his embarrassed expression.

"Anyway, what's up? How're you doing?" I quickly got serious once I put the phone on speaker so I could continue drawing in the meantime.

"Yeah, I'm fine more or less." He made a long pause before continuing. "I called because my mother forced me. I should tell you that I'd be spending the weekend at your place since they'll be off for a business trip until Sunday evening."