Chapter 8

_Chapter 8_

Elliot Warren

For some reason I felt kinda funny thinking about later since Ricky and I decided to have the first tutoring lesson in the library after our classes ended. I already prepared every kind of teaching and learning method that I could think of and find on the internet.

But it was hard to put my mind around it when I didn't have an idea of the central issue. For what I checked Ricky's grades were just fine, rather on the good side I'd say. Especially in foreign languages and obviously in art and gym class.

Maybe he just had difficulties understanding complex processes or problems. 

Anyway, during my last class which happened to be my biology class I asked the teacher if he could hand in the curriculum for regular biology class since I wasn't too aware of the differences between the advanced and regular class.

"Oh yeah sure, I have them on my stick. You have your laptop with you?" I nodded and got it out of my bag where he helped transferring the data onto it. "May I ask what you need it for?"

"I'm doing some tutoring now." I answered. "It'll be a difficult case, though. You probably have some advice you could share, right?"

"I see it's your first time, hm? Then I'd say figure out how that person studies effectively. Everyone has their own style, but not every way can be of use in every subject. For instance, the way they memorize things. Especially in biology. You can't compare it to learning vocabularies, you know? Oh and you have to figure out a way they keep listening to you even after hours. Because some people just straightly doze off after the first ten minutes," he sighed regarding the last sentence and shook his head as he handed over my laptop.

"Thanks, I'll think about it," I smiled and was bout to leave the classroom.

"Before I forget," he made me stop, though. "You have to be patient. Don't expect things to go from zero to hundred." I just nodded and again smiled before I left to head to the library where Ricky and I were supposed to meet.

Thus, I found him coming my way just in front of the entrance. "Hey! You have everything?" He greeted me.

"Mh probably," I confirmed as we entered the library. And since we were out of the regular school time, there was barely anyone here, giving us the possibility to choose our seats freely without being disturbed.

Ricky directly headed for the place next to the window where he let his bag fall to the ground as I followed his path and joined him. He then suddenly slapped a couple of paper sheets on the table that I immediately recognized as his exam as the thick F was circled at the top right corner of the first page.

"My teacher allowed me to retake that exam. He spoke as if I was going to fail anyway which pissed me off so," he made a long pause and sighed like he was forced to utter the next words. "So, please help me pass."

I took his exam analyzing every each of the four pages to look at the topic, questions and especially his answers. Most of them made me sigh because, he mainly didn't even understand the questions and sometimes I wondered whether he even understood what he himself had written.

"How much time do we have?" I asked to make sure to know whether this was a hopeless case or not.

"Two weeks," he dropped, making me widen my eyes.

"No way, that's close to impossible!" The exam contained the entire DNA replication and protein synthesis from top till rock bottom and I doubted that he even knew what chromatin was.

"But you can do it, right?"

"I'm not making any promises," I sighed and pushed his exam aside. "There's no point in discussing what you did wrong. I think it makes more sense to go through everything again bit by bit. We start of with replication of the DNA then will see. What do you already know about about it?"