Chapter Twenty-Three - Power Training, Part One

OK This is shorter than usual, sorry. Also I won't be writing this from Sunday to Saturday the folllowing week. So sorry! I'll get more up soon though!

Chapter Twenty-Three -  Power Training, Part One

After my bath I wrapped myself in a plush towel, and I walked into my closet to grab a pair of cotton shorts and shirts for sleeping in, even the cotton here felt beautiful and soft.

After putting them on I walked over to a dresser in the corner that held brushes and combs and I put my new hair up in a high ponytail for sleeping. As I walked to my bed, I caught my reflection in the glass windows. It doesn't seem possible.

But I am glad that I look like this now, I just hope people won't treat me differently because of it. I pulled the thick gold curtains across the dark windows and went to lie on my bed.

After pushing the pillows around a bit and pulling the soft covers over my shoulders, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Adrian's P.O.V.

Uh! What is wrong with me?! I can't fall for Aridessa! I know who her soul mate is, I know who my soul mate is! Not to mention if I interfere too much with her life everything will go wrong!

As her guardian angel I can't feel like this! I need to pull myself together for her sake...

Aridessa's P.O.V.

The light that shone from the other side of my window lit up my curtains and made them look like they were glowing. I pulled off my covers and took a step onto the carpeted floor, stretching my arms and legs.

As I slowly walked to the other side of the room I caught sight of the clock hanging on the wall. I'm going to be late! It was already 9:45am and I didn't know where Dina's room was because I teleported.

I ran into my closet and grabbed an outfit similar to my training and battle clothes. Tight black pants that was still comfortable with white shirt and a brown leather belt. The shoes that matched were knee length brown boots with a swirled, pattern on the sides.

I pulled my hair down from my messy ponytail and brushed it with my fingers, letting it fall over my shoulders gently in perfect waves. I smiled at my reflection; at least my hair was easier to do now.

I ran out of my closet only to skid to a halt to avoid hitting Therena who was standing just outside my door. "Ah!" Phew! "You scared me!" She chuckled, "Sorry, but I thought you may need help getting to Dina's." "Oh my goodness you are a lifesaver!" I hugged her tightly, but I was cut short when she teleported, with me clinging to her.

As the calm air set me on the ground I stumbled, falling backwards, letting g of Therena to avoid pulling her with me. As the bells tolled the hour I knocked on Dina's door, and waited for it to open.

After a few seconds Dina opened the door with another bright smile welcoming me. Today her hair was curly and...long? It fell to her mid-back, like mine but still bright red.

After stepping inside I asked, "Dina? How is your hair long today?"She chuckled, her eyes sparkling with excitement, she must be proud of her power, whatever it is. "Well, my power other than being able to like, know everything, is being able to change my own and to an extent other people's appearances. It's pretty cool."

"So why is your hair still red?" She shrugged, "I like it red, it was the colour I was born with, but I can change the colour if I want to." That is really cool! I wish I could do that. "What do you mean you can change other people's appearances, to an extent." She looked thoughtful, "Well I haven't been practising long so I don't have the hang of it yet, but I can change the little things, like eye colour."

Dina reached over and placed an arm on Therena's like I did to Therena when we needed to teleport, but Dina looked into Therena's eyes and slowly they changed from a light blue to a green. "Wait a minute, Therena can already change her own eye colour, and how do I know you did that."

She shruged, "You don't, but I can change myself if you want." I nodded excitedly. This time Dina closed her eyes and her eyebrows furrowed slightly. I saw her change to a straight blond and she grew taller, the same height as me. Her skin changed to a beautiful tan colour and her lips grew pinker.

She was absolutely beautiful; she batted her dark eyelashes for effect and then giggled. Dina slowly shrank into her normal self, she was beautiful now, but that other girl was stunning.

"If you can be that, why are you this? Oh! That sounded so wrong! I'm sorry." "It's okay, I get what you mean. I don't want to be like that all the time, because I want to be me." Hmmm, I guess that makes a lot of sense.

'Okay! Enough about me! Training time!" Dina all but shouted, "Can I stay?" Therena pleaded, batting her eyelashes like Dina had done before. "Of course! You are the power expert as well I guess, well the physical side of it, because I know everything about it." Dina giggled at how stuck-up she sounded.

"Well what I know is that you can teleport yourself places, but I don't know if your power is teleporting. So we are going to try teleporting first, but don't worry if it doesn't work, okay?" I nodded and then closed my eyes, focusing on the place a metre away.

I opened my eyes after a minute of concentrating, but I hadn't moved. Hmph. "Hmmm, maybe I'm not looking at this right?" Deliberating she closed her eyes and sat there for a few minutes thinking before jumping out of her seat screaming

"Aha! Okay, so you can't actually teleport, I think that you can manipulate the world around you, sort of. When you were about to be thrown in the water, what were you thinking?"

"Um... Please, not the river, but I was imagining myself on the river bank, isn't that what happens when you teleport?" "Okay, pretty much but you can't teleport when you choose so it mustn't be a power, which makes me go back to my theory that you can manipulate the world around you. For instance, Adrian was to your subconscious attacking you so your power helped you."

"But that still doesn't explain what I can do!" "Yeah, well think of it this way. Your power only works as a defence for you, in battles. If you tried I don't think you could hurt anyone, so why don't we go to your training ground and do some fighting! The boys can come too, if you want?"

"Yeah it would be really cool to beat the boys again!" We all laughed for a minute, before Therena spoke up, "I'll teleport you guys there, then I'll come back to get the boys."

Dina and I reached for her arm at the same time; I was momentarily submerged in sparks and tingles before we touched the ground all too soon.

I'll write soon!