FIFTEEN

GOTHAM HIGH SCHOOL
OCTOBER 13TH
15:13 p.m.

Noelle felt like crying.

She couldn't exactly place when the day became a bad day, but it was. It could have been when she failed her history test. Or when her art teacher thought her portrait deserved a C-. Or maybe it was when Silas ditched her for Jade without an apology.

She resisted the urge to cry because in nine short minutes, she'd see Robin again. Somehow, he always managed to put a smile on her face. She felt more wholesome when she was with him.

When he texted her four days ago, she couldn't stop smiling. Andrea thought she was having a seizure. In the end, Noelle did not forget to ask about the thief, to which there was no new answer.

The walk home was starting to feel long these days. It was almost annoying. But today would feel better because she stopped at the nearby cafe to get a muffin for her new friend.

I hope he isn't allergic to anything, she thinks to herself as she holds the bag close to her. She takes deep breaths as she walks down the same hallways she's walked for over ten years, trying to keep the bad thoughts of her day away.

She slows to her door, giving herself a small reassuring smile as she unlocks the door.

"You're late," he greets again as she approaches. She smiles after seeing his.

"I come bearing gifts," she greets back before gently shaking the small brown paper bag. "You allergic to anything?"

She tosses the bag, which he easily catches. He eyes her for a second before suspiciously looking into the bag.

"A muffin," he observes before pulling it out of the bag. "Blueberry."

"Your favorite," she adds with a grin. "Kidding, I have no idea what you like."

"Pumpkin chocolate-chip," he admits, making Noelle raise a brow. "It tastes good."

"I didn't expect HomeWrecker to have a sweet tooth." She grins. "I'll remember that."

"What's yours?" He questions before taking a small bite out of the muffin.

"Strawberry," she admits before taking a seat on the couch. He sits beside her, allowing her to put her legs over his before she leans back against the armrest. "How was your day?"

"Normal," he answers before taking another bite of his muffin. "What did your art teacher say about your portrait?"

Noelle lets out a soft chuckle before forcing a small smile. "C minus." The white of the mask's eyes widen. "She thought it was too simple."

"Simple?" He repeats before letting out a scoff. "What the fuck?"

"Robin, it's fi—"

"No!" He argues with a frown. "That's ridiculous."

"Nah, it was a little—"

"Your art teacher has no idea what they're talking about," he snaps. Noelle's eyes widen at the sudden outburst. "That was an amazing painting, Noelle. Trust me, I'd know."

Noelle gives a genuine smile. "Really?"

Robin scoffs. "I have no reason to lie, King."

"King," she repeats with a small smile, "Finally, a nickname." She gives a small shrug. "I mean, it's not original, cause it's my last name, but whatever." Robin rolls his eyes before letting out a small sigh. "Thank you."

He shrugs before looking away from her. "It's important to defend good art." He puts the bag down beside him. "Thank you for the muffin. It was unnecessary and slightly mediocre, but thank you."