FOUR

WAYNE MANOR
SEPTEMBER 20th
20:16 p.m.

Damian barely dodges the blow in time. With a grunt, he kicks his attacker in the chest, pushing him away. Damian glares through his adjusted mask.

Dick Grayson manages to land on his feet and holds his weapons in both hands, ready to attack again. His own mask moves as he raises a brow in curiosity before he lets out a sigh. He lowers the metal rods, allowing them to rest by his side before he gives a pointed look to Damian.

"You're distracted."

Damian scoffs, still in defensive position. "No, I'm not." To prove it, Damian charges at Dick. He ducks in time to try and sweep Dick off his feet. Dick jumps, avoiding the sweeping leg before hitting Damian in the face.

The two are currently doing their almost daily spar in the Batcave. Damian was always calmed by their sparring, and it always provided a great distraction from whatever is on his mind. But for some reason, his mind keeps going back to the other night.

"Yes," Dick argues, "you are. What's going on?"

"Nothing," Damon snaps before charging at Dick again. He punches Dick hard enough to push Dick back.

"Is this about the other night? Bruce told me you went through someone's window." Dick gives a small smile at the thought.

"Don't laugh!"

"I'm not." And it's true. While Dick does find amusement in the situation, he could tell Damian couldn't get it out of his head. "It's okay you missed the fight. You couldn't control that."

Damian was almost surprised. He didn't even think to be disappointed in himself for not being at the fight. He was more concerned with the girl who's apartment he crashed through. A bit of him was worried that she might've been lying about looking under the mask. But the press would have been up his ass by now if she told anyone.

And what the hell was with that note? Incase you need another nap? Was she messing with him or was there genuine concern? If only he could've seen her face. He would've been able to see the lie right then and there.

Damian has no time to react to the kick aimed at his temple. With a grunt, he falls to the ground. Dick charges, about to deliver the final hit that would end their spar, but Damian isn't ready to give up just yet.

He twists away before backflipping off the desktop of the super computer to get behind Dick. With a grunt, he manages to kick the metal rods out of Dick's hands before sweeping him off his feet.

Grabbing Dick's weapon, Damian aims the end of it at Dick's neck, ending their spar for the night. Dick smiles as his weapons are handed back to him.

"That was good," Dick compliments, "but you were still distracted."

"Still kicked your ass," Damian snaps as he makes his way to Alfred, the cat, that rests on the other end of the super computer's desktop. He pets the cat through his glove, feeling it purr softly.

"I waited for you do something for at least five seconds before kicking you," Dick admits. "You could've been killed in those five seconds." Damian says nothing. "What's on your mind?"