Chapter Two

"I can spit in your drink, that'll make it magical right?" I asked leaning on the counter top, not sure where the rudeness came from, probably from seeing all the Christmas cheer. 

I was sure if Mike heard that he would be whipping my arse into shape for trying to scare away customers but I just wasn't in the mood. Christmas just brought out the creeps in every old man out there and the sass in me.

Instead of glaring at me the man chuckled instead, resting his elbow on the counter top and resting his chin on the heel of his palm bringing him closed, "How about a cocktail that looked red and green?"

I pursed my lips trying to rack my brains for something like that and then gave up, "Well I guess I can whip something up," I said stepping back, "You must really like Christmas," I said grabbing a glass and placing it in front of him.

I reached out for the bottle of wine, that was red, and then added some to the blender and added some ice and switched it on forming a slushie. Adding some base which was apple juice for most of our drinks I gave it one more mix and added that to the glass and popped some frozen berries and then some mint on top.

"That's all I have," I popped in a straw and pushed it towards him. He whipped out his phone taking a picture and winked when he saw my confused face.

"One for the Instagram, right?" I shook my head slipping him his change and moved to the next customer. Most of the patrons were father tonight, no doubt their credit card was with their wives shopping and it was finally quietening down, or more swapping. The younger generation were swarming in and I leaned on the counter, the drinks were going to be easier now.

"Hey, did you take a break?" Ashlee came up to me blowing a strand of hair out of her face. I nodded, "Yeah before, you can go on yours," I said grabbing the dirty glasses from her. I might as well clean these.

"Oh yeah, Gavin right? Where is he?" her light grey eyes roamed around the dark pub and I doubt she would spot him, possibly because he was't here.

"Left," I replied as I gave the glass a rinse and placed them in the tray underneath, they would go back to the kitchen where they were cleaned properly.

"When is he coming back? I like him, he's a cool kid," she nodded grabbing a strawberry from the frozen berry pile and popping that into her mouth. 

"Probably never," I replied wiping down the counter, "What can I get you?" I asked to the next man just to stop her questioning glance at me.

"Hey!"

I looked over mid sentence explaining to someone what was in a pina colada to see Mr Green eyes waving me down. Seriously? Didn't he have enough already. I ignored him, "So we top that off with a slice of pineapple, you can't really taste the vodka in it so this may be a better choice,"

"Okay yeah, two of those," I nodded grabbing the glasses, "Wait, it is happy hour right?" he said and I nodded, "Yeah two for one, so that's $10 for two," He nodded slipping the fifty back in and giving me two fives.

Great, I hated small notes. I tucked them into my pocket making his drinks, aware that a certain someone was yelling my name. Damn it these stupid name tags, even though it had only Eve, it was still annoying hearing my name being called out like a fire alarm going off.

"You know, there are other people you can ask for a re-fill," I said as I walked towards him.

He shrugged smiling, "I like annoying you though," he said, every word enunciated properly. Damn it, when was he going to get drunk? He had six cocktails already and was still talking like he was at the start.