Chapter Five

2 weeks for this story, aiming to get it finished by Jan 6th because that is technically the last day "On the 12th day of Christmas the author gave me, 15 chapters,". Get ready for spam.

"Oh that's good," Rachel's laughter resembled cackling as she threw in a verbal laughing fit behind me whilst I just gave him a blank stare.

"Oh come on, I don't even get a smile for that? It was good,"

I rolled my eyes pushing past him as I walked back outdoors. I was drenched, hungry and he was coming in between me and my food and that was a big no no. 

"Hey you owe me your number," He was quick to follow me out of the place, and I groaned. This was meant to be a fool proof plan, till Rachel burned her apartment down. I stopped, "Fine give me your phone," 

Rachel watched with a raised eyebrow as she flicked her wet pony tail away from her face.

"Password?" I asked as he handed me his iPhone over, "Don't have one,"

Well that's...brave. I unlocked it going straight to contacts, "Hey let me see, what if you give me the wrong number, call yourself,"

"I don't have my phone on me," I replied as I saved it and handed it back smiling at my own plan. "Bye now," I grabbed Rachel's arm pulling her to walk with me. Man I just wanted to eat my damn Nachos.

"Are you going to follow us?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I think as a true gentleman it is my duty to walk two women home, don't you think so?"

"Oh yeah I think so," Rachel replied nodding. I shook my head signing, "We live around the corner, no need," I pulled up the orange blanket that was falling off my shoulder. Well at least it was warm.

The walk was surprisingly fast whilst Rachel and Nik chatted like they were best friends, "Look we're here, you can go now,"

"Nah, I'll walk you up the stairs, I don't trust them because they're always up to something,"

I faltered tripping over, "Did you just do another pun?" I asked irritated. He flashed me a smile while Rachel giggled, "Oh that was good,"

"High five," I watched them high five each other, when did these two get so cosy. Or was I just lacking human conversational skills today. I scoffed, I never had any to begin with. 

"Why is there a firetruck?" 

"I burned down my kitchen, well not literally, just burnt the sauce and the fire alarms went off,"

Why don't you tell him everything else as well Rach? I opened the door heading up the stairs as I heard Nik speak up again.

"My friend's bakery burned down last night, his business is now toast," 

"What is with you and your puns?"

"What is with you and your fashion garments?" he retorted. I rolled my eyes, "It's from the fire guys," Rach supplied. And finally we reached the tenth floor, my legs aching. I feel sorry for the people on the top floor, good luck getting down and back up after all the fire alarms. That must suck.

Or maybe that's how they kept fit.

"You can go now," I said turning around cutting him off from following us. He placed a hand on his heart frowning, an overused expression lately.

"Aww you shatter my-,"

"Bye," I lifted up my hand wriggling my fingers, "Don't be so rude Eve, he walked us home," Rach whispered in my ear but that was the thing, now he knew where we lived. I grabbed her arm pulling her into her apartment. Firstly she had to clean, secondly I hoped he thought that was my place and not the opposite one, and thirdly my keys were in hers.