The Lesson

Everyone was looking at the two of them eagerly. Some of the succubus even licked their lips, as if presented with a delicious meal.

"Oh Goddess," groaned Barmond. There was no escaping this. He covered his face in shame.

"The first and last thing you need to know about a vampire is that it's all about blood," said Hugo. "They need it to survive like we need food, but stronger. They are absolutely obsessed with it. You are full of blood, so that's already a point in your favor." As he spoke, he slipped a hand under Barmond's shirt to stroke his stomach. The caress was soothing. "It's also the first thing you are going to look for in a vampire. You need to see if he had any colors on his cheek. The best test if is if he can blush."

Hugo ceased his caresses and grabbed Barmond's wrist to pull it away from his face. The vampire, as if to demonstrate, turned a beautiful shade of red. More people had gathered while he wasn't looking and he could feel all of their gazes boring holes in his clothes.

"As you can see, Bar' fed quite a lot before coming to the lesson," said Hugo. "How considerate of you."

"Shut up!" screamed the vampire. He didn't even care if everyone could see that his fangs were out. "I never agreed to this!"

"Full-fledged vampires can and do blush on command. Bar' still had a lot of human in him so he blushes when he's flustered, just like the rest of us."

"I'm not flustered!" Barmond tired his best to crawl out of Hugo's hold but it was like struggling against silver bars. "I'm furious! What are you all looking at?" He hissed at the crowd.

"If a vampire is very pale, can't blush or refuses to show you that they can, don't approach them unless you trust them. They can be potentially dangerous and might have bad intentions when letting you close. They can't get it up anyway when they are starving. Bar' told me that useful little tidbit the other day."

"Don't tell them that!" Barmond covered his face again. He was so embarrassed. "I am going to kill you, Hugo, I really am!"

"No werewolf will be harmed in the process of making this course, don't worry," said Hugo to his public.

"You—"

But Barmond never got to call Hugo a dimwit troll with a turd for brain. Hugo, treacherously, had latched on his ear to nibble on it. The vampire's breath stuttered and he squirmed, his already hot body getting even hotter. He forgot what he was going to say. For a second, he even forgot where he was. Hugo pulled him back against him. His pulse was strong and resonated through the vampire's body, adding to the haze.

"Side note, not all vampires have sensitive ears," said Hugo. "That's just Barmond. I love the way he just falls quiet when you play with them."

There was a round of chuckles. Barmond's awareness suddenly snapped into focus.

"Don't— don't tell them that!" he protested. In vain, as usual.

"Let's resume. One thing that does make them go wild is their fangs. Barmond, please be a dear and show them yours."

"My fangs are none of their business," muttered Barmond, making sure to keep his lips close together.

"Don't make me beg for it," said Hugo. His hand gently stroked up Barmond's throat. "Please. They all want to see now."

Barmond shook his head, but he could already feel his resolve weaken. It only worsened when Hugo kissed along his jaw, slowly, his beard making Barmond shiver with each touch. Bastard. He was playing unfair cards. It was easier to resist him when he was rough. Now he just felt safe and cared for. He didn't want to feel safe and cared for. He was losing this.