Denied

The door closed on them and Barmond was tossed unceremoniously on the bed. This earned Hugo a hiss, and then another came along when the werewolf tried to climb on his vampire for a kiss.

"Oh no you don't get anything," said Barmond as he put a hand over Hugo's mouth. "Nothing anymore from me, you don't get to kiss me after having carried me across the whole damn nest, you don't even get to touch me. Go away!"

Hugo pulled away Barmond's hand. No matter what seemed to happen, he couldn't wipe that stupid smile from his face. "You wanted some privacy."

"I can also walk, you know! Instead you carried me in front of your entire pack and now— Now I'm mad! And stop laughing at me!"

"But you're so adorable when you get all riled up like that." Hugo kissed the inside of his wrist. Barmond gulped when he felt his pulse on the sensitive skin there.

"For the last time, I'm not adorable. I've passed the age, damnit!"

"As long as you lay with me in this bed, you are."

"Well, then I don't want to be in this bed!" cried Barmond.

To his surprise, Hugo actually flopped over and let him free to go. Barmond shot him a warry glance before slowly moving away from him; when he realized that it might not be a trap he dashed away and turned around to look at him.

"I'll catch some sleep, then," said Hugo. He pulled off his shirt, tossed it away, and laid his head on his pillow. "Good night."

Barmond squinted his eyes at him and slowly backed away to the door. This had to be some sort of joke now, hadn't it? Hugo was the worse, he always teased him relentlessly. He made Barmond do the most embarrassing things in front of others. And how he laughed and smiled at him? Always being so... so Hugo-like. He was annoying!

Yet this didn't seem to be any sort of trap. Barmond managed to reach the door, and he even placed a hand on the knob. Hugo didn't move, in fact he had even closed his eyes. He was really letting him go.

Barmond felt almost deceived. So, that was it? That was all he was willing to fight for him?

He knew that if he left the room, Hugo wouldn't bother him again. He didn't know how he knew; he just did. That should have made him happy and yet here he was, profoundly unhappy. He knew he was wasting a chance.

Because, well, no matter how annoying Hugo could get, he was very handsome. Not entirely Barmond's taste but sometimes he still made his heart flutter (metaphorically). okay, maybe that happened a little more than sometimes. Was he really going to walk away and never come back over something so petty?

No.

Hugo rose up on an elbow and grinned when he saw that Barmond was undressing instead of leaving. The latter only glanced his way, trying to ignore him as he dropped his pants to the ground.

"Don't laugh," grumbled Barmond.

"I thought you didn't want that anymore."

"You gave me Stockholm Syndrome, you savage."

"In two minutes?"

"Shut up." Barmond was naked, but he didn't really know how to go from there. He wanted this but he didn't want to look ridiculous by wanting it.

Hugo chuckled. This earned him a death glare.

"Why don't you come over her?" asked the werewolf as he spread his arms.