The Visit

Something that succubus and incubus shared: waking him up too early in the day for him to be in a good mood.

Thankfully Yoven was in the room and awake where there was knock on the door, meaning that he was the one that went to open it while Barmond was emerging from down under. He didn't like that. He was starting to feel peckish, and that only added to the dark clouds that were already gathering over his head.

"Oh, hello misses?" said Yoven. "I'm sorry, I think you came to the wrong place, this room is already taken-- Can I help you?"

He sounded a little uncertain, maybe worried that Barmond might wake up, and was half-whispering. His interlocutor had no such consideration.

"Oh, hello!" said a female voice. "No, no, I'm quite sure that we are in the right place. Is Barmond-- Oh, I see him. Good afternoon Barmond!"

He knew this voice.

This couldn't be happening, he told himself as he slowly rose to an elbow, looking at the door. It had to be a nightmare, yet here she was, standing there, a wide smile on her face, all preppy and pretty. She had dark curly hair, a pale complexion, a relatively modest dress and bright blue eyes. She was batting her lashes at him, fully knowing what she had done wrong and knowing she was going to get away with it. Because she was cute. Because she was young. And, most importantly, because she was the one and only daughter of Ranphoros.

"Lady Maggel," said Barmond.

"Maggie."

"What in all of Asmodeus' creation are you doing in my fucking room?"

"Oh my, swearing now? That's so naughty--"

"Answer the fucking question."

"I escaped!"

She beamed at him.

Jessica chose that moment to check the inside of the room over Jessica's shoulders, raising her brows when she saw the double bed. She knew about the honeymoon room, somehow.

Barmond took a deep breath. Pinched the bridge of his nose. Took another deep breath. Then decided that there was no point starting to scream while he still was in bed, so he got out and went to put on some pants. At least it seemed to be the end of the afternoon, which didn't do much to lift his mood anyway. And he was still hungry.

"Why are you getting dressed," asked Maggie.

"Because we are bringing you to Hugo. He'll know how to deal with that."

He didn't know what else he was supposed to say but that wasn't it. Her smile disappeared instantly as she narrowed her eyes. To make her dissatisfaction even clearer, she crossed her arms over her breasts - as opposed to under, to push them up. Barmond was not impressed.

"So you're telling me that I came all the way here for nothing?" she said.

"Yes?"

She huffed. Yet, instead of leaving, she came into the room, passing a helpless Yoven (that looked quite panicked at the prospect) followed by Jessica. Maggie dramatically dropped herself on the bed, sighing dramatically.

"You may close the door," said Jessica to Yoven. Then she took her place near Maggie.

Barmond almost stopped that but didn't. He had more urgent things to do.

"Maggel. Maggie," he said. "I still do not know what owes you the pleasure of your visit."

"Pleasure," she repeated with a sneaky smile on her face.