Outro

Thank you for having read City Underdark.

Let me emphasize this: thank you so much. Even if you did so quietly, with no votes and comments, a story that is read is a story that is alive. Of course, I thank you twice, maybe thrice, if you've done the above.

City Underdark is not the first book that I finish writing, yet it was a unique experience. It taught me rigour and regularity, with its strict publishing schedule. It challenged me. And I already know that the series will keep challenging me going forward.

Speaking of which, the second book, "the Bringer of Death" will take over the Monday posting spot from now on. If you've been enjoying the regular updates, keep an eye out for that!

Or you could continue reading. What follows are the "original" chapters of City Underdark, the short story (stories?) "Monsters Like it Best at Night".  That's right, gentlewomen, gentlemen, and gentlepeople, City Underdark is a rewrite.

A rewrite that got a lot longer than planned.

They have been changed a lot. Some elements were kept, some weren't. I think they are interesting to keep. Do keep in mind that none of what is said after this point is canon. It's simply a little archive of where they started off.

Also, they have a lot of smut. Reader's discretion is advised.