Chapter 10~ Greif

Ladybug, shocked: walked over towards chat noir, riping off the shackles holding him up in captivity. When his arms were no longer keeping him from touching the ground, Chat fell to his knees with a loud thud. He didn't move, didn't say anything. Just looking at (y/n)'s dead body with wide, terrified eyes. 

Chat loved him, he didn't mean for any of this to happen. (y/n)'s gone, he's gone.

Ladybug was scared: she didn't know what to do or what to say. She's never seen her friend like this before: He's so quiet, not even a word. she needed to do something, anything.

"I know what he meant to you." Ladybug broke the silence in an attempt to soothe her friend, to calm him. Chat flinched and his shoulders started to shake violently. "Chat?" Ladybug placed her hand onto Chat's shoulder. "Are you-?" 

Chat threw ladybug's arm off of him, tears were streaming down his cheeks. He wanted to yell, he wanted to do something. 

There is nothing he can do to bring him back.

"Of course I'm not okay." He hissed, his ears flat against his head and tail swishing wildly. "I couldn't do anything! all I could do was sit and watch- But you, you could have done something."

Ladybug Flinched, her eyes wide with shock. "Chat-"

"You could have grabbed it, stopped him- You could have saved him!" Chat stood up. "What's the use of being able to fix everything but not being able to bring back the dead!"

That was it. ladybugs eyes flashed with anger, She couldn't just sit here and let him yell at her.

"It's not like you tried anything." She yelled, waving her arms at him. "You could have cataclsymed your chains, you could have done something! but you didn't."  Chat seemed like he wanted to say something, he just looked down in disappointment. "Maybe it's not my fault he died, it's yours." Ladybug turned away, leaving Chat to cry with his dead love.

Ladybug was gone, the only other living being in the room was gone. With a shaky breath, Chat sobbed. He started to cry, harder than he has ever cried before. Grief so strong he couldn't breathe. Did he even want to breathe?

~ ~

A small stone sat next to a freshly covered 6ft deep hole, the smell of the disturbed dirt fresh in the air: Barely masked by the smell of the rain.

Chat stood close by, as people he has never seen before sadly placed flowers on top of (y/n)'s grave. They all looked similar to him, the youngest one. Around (y/n)'s age looked so much like him, from the (e/c) eyes and the (s/c) skin. Chat's breath hitched, it was almost like looking right at (y/n). He twirled the flower he held carefully in his claws.

Slowly, few by few. Everyone started to leave, the sky grew darker and the rain started to go from a trickle to a roar. 

Chat dropped from the tree he was perched on, looking over the gravestone. Nothing was written on it besides his name and how long he lived for. Nothing, not even a quote from a time he said something memorable or funny. It was like nobody that was here even cared about him.

(y/n) Chat whispered, placing the single pale green flower in the middle of the roses that were set atop his tombstone. The colour stood out in the red, brighter than the red. 

"Goodbye." Chat rubbed his clawed thumb against (y/n)'s name. "I love you."

(584 words)

A/n.

You guys begged, so I delivered.