001

Madison arrived in the village and sighed. She had been on a plane for too long. She got out the cab and looked around. The village was different to what she was used to.

Madison saw her sister and smiled. She walked over to her. "Miss me?"

Maxine turned to her and smiled. "Madison! What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Thought I'd make the change and come see what this place has to offer. Not a problem is it?" Madison asked as she took a sip of her water. She smiled.

"I'd love you to stay. Patrick would like to meet you too. He's been struggling a lot since Sienna got pregnant by Darren Osbourne," Maxine said.

Madison smiled and nodded. She followed Maxine back to the flat. Maxine opened the door. "Patrick? Are you in?" Maxine called.

Madison saw as someone walked out of the bedroom. She smiled slightly. "Who's this?" Patrick asked.

"My youngest sister. Madison. She's come to stay for a bit if that's okay?" Maxine said.

Patrick nodded. "Pleasure to meet you Madison. Feel free to stay as long as you want," he said. He was attracted to her.

"Thanks."

****

Madison went to the pub and smiled. She saw her cousin. Lacey. Lacey walked over. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Thought I'd move here. See what the place has to offer. Doesn't seem too appealing though," Madison said as she took a sip of the coda that she had been given.

Lacey nodded. "It'll got better. It does have its perks though. Everywhere has perks. You'll settle in soon enough. You probably just have jet lag."

Madison shrugged. "I'm just so tired of being the one who has no one. It's so hard to see people be happy knowing that I won't get that."

"You will. I know you will. I mean look at you. You're gorgeous and anyone would be insane to not want you," Lacey said.

"Yeah maybe."

****

Madison returned to the flat. She saw Patrick sitting on the sofa. "Oh. I thought everyone would have been asleep by now," she said.

"Maxine is. She usually falls asleep early. Little shocking considering she doesn't wake up until after I've gone to work."

Madison smiled and nodded. "I usually go for a jog in the mornings. Doubt it'll happen tomorrow. Super tired," she told him.

****

The next morning, Madison woke and sighed. She left the bedroom and smiled. "Isn't Maxine awake yet?" She asked Patrick.

"Sleeping. Are you going for your jog?"

Madison nodded. "Yeah I may as well. I don't think I'd be able to sleep," she told him as she tied her hair up. She caught Patrick looking at her. "Don't you do running?" She asked.

"Only sometimes. Not as often as I should have," Patrick said. He smiled. "If you want, before I leave for work, I can time you."

Madison smiled and nodded. "I'd like that. Thanks."

Patrick left leaving Madison looking at him. She could tell she was falling for him. But she couldn't go there. Not with her sister's boyfriend. It was forbidden.

But for how long could she resist what she was feeling?