006

Madison woke up in bed and sighed. She knew how everything was a mess and she hated it. She hated how things were a mess with her and Patrick.

She knew how she had messed up with him by sleeping with him. She knew it shouldn't of happened.

She knew that he was seeing her sister. And as much as Maxine drove her mad, she knew that it was still her sister.

Madison laid in bed as she listened to Maxine and Patrick as they argued. She knew how bad that she felt about it.

She heard a dorm slam and stood from the bed. She walked out of the room and saw Maxine as she was wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Madison asked.

Maxine looked to her. She smiled.  "Yeah. It's just Patrick. He's  been weird lately. So I asked him. He's been cruel and treating me bad. One thing about Patrick is that he likes to get his own way," Maxine said.

Madison saw the bruises on her wrist. She frowned. "Did he do that to you?" Madison asked as Maxine nodded.

Madison didn't like the feeling that she was getting over all of it.

"Are you sure that you're okay? I mean he shouldn't treat you that way. It's not right," Madison said as Maxine looked to her and smiled.  "It's not okay. You don't need to put up with it. It's not fair."

Maxine smiled.  "I'll be okay. I can handle it," she said as Madison frowned.

She was concerned.

****

Madison got to the pub. She saw Lacey who looked to her and smiled. "Are you okay?" Lacey asked.

Madison looked to her cousin. "I need a drink. It's been one of those days," Madison said as Lacey poured her and drink that she downed. 

Lacey frowned. "Patrick?" She asked.

"Sort of. It's complicated," Madison said.

Lacey looked to her in concern. "I don't know what you're caught up in. But I'm worried. Look Patrick...whatever is going on there, you're going to end up hurt," she said.

Madison looked to her and smiled.  "I think that you're right...in more than one way."

She knew that she seen a different side to Patrick. And she didn't like it.

"Are you sure that you're okay? You don't seem yourself at all" Lacey asked.

Madison looked to her and smiled. "I don't know," she said.

She knew things were a mess.

****

Madison got back to the flat. She frowned as she saw Patrick. "Hey," he said as she looked to him.

She shook her head. "No  I don't know what you near me. I saw what you did to Maxine's arm. And you're not touching me again," she said as she went to walk off.

"Madison it's not what it looks like please...you know we have something," he said.

Madison shock her head. "I don't care. What we had was a mistake. It's over with," she spat as she walked off.

Little did she know her night with Patrick would come back to haunt her.