Guns

Disclaimer: I don’t own Devil May Cry or its characters, moves, weapons, just my OC’s.

Author’s note: Someone commented on what kind of school would force its teachers to crossdress, well, mine does. In the last three years of my highschool, I’ve seen the same number of male teachers all don a skirt and sweater and get up on stage and well, you get the point.  Though after the second time of doing it, they felt comfortable enough in their masculinity, so we’ll see how this works out.

Recap: Standing behind Samh and Hallow was a… well the only thing I could think of was a chimera, it’s black and red eyes from the goats head on the lion’s body bore into me with hatred. The snake’s head on its tail rose above the rest of the body and looked at me upside down and flicked its tongue.

“This is Velox Duo,” they both introduce the chimera. They then smile at me wickedly. “And the three of us are here to kill you.”

I stood up quickly and glared at all of them, my inner demon was growing steadily inside my head as I took a step to the left slowly. Samh and Hallow turned their heads, as did the snake head. “So Jester doesn’t want to do his own dirty work, pssh, the pussy.” I remark.

They look like they ate something sour. “Now that is just insulting.” Hallow says acidly.

I quirk my eyebrow at them. “So you guys don’t work for Jester?”

Samh crosses his arms and huffs. “As if, why in the name of all things unholy would we work for that annoying as shit?” he had a point, I know I wouldn’t.

“Then why the hell are you trying to kill me?” I take another step back, my foot crunches on a dead tree limb. “And where in god’s name are we?”

Hallow face palms. “I feel sorry for you, can’t even recognize a sub-pocket dimension when you see one.”

“Remember sister, he was created, miraciously I might add, so his knowledge about the demonic is limited.” Samh replies, then turns to me. “Well, as my sister, this place is a sub-pocket dimension, which is basically just a world were demons, or magic users, can create for their own purposes. Ours is so we can camoflouge our presence and continue this fight without the interruptions of a few people, mostly those annoying demon hunters.”

I took a glance around and admired the landscape, creepy and gothic, kind a cool. “Gotta hand it to you guys, definitely have good taste in scenery.”

Hallow smiled. “Thanks, did it myself.”

I cock my head at them. “Your name, Hallow, I take it that it’s just a pseudonym for all hallow’s eve.”

She nodded and smiled. “Smart human.”

I turn to Samh, “Since her name is just a word for the day of halloween, I would say your name is Samhain, the wiccan ritual that takes place on October 31st.”

He smirks at me and bows. “At your service, and to answer your first question, it’s quite simple.” He then snaps back up and looks at me with emotionless eyes. “It would hinder our plans.”

I cock my head to the side, “Uh, probably too much of a request, but enlighten me please?”

Hallow waves her hand. “Oh, it’s not too much of a request, if I was in your position I would want to know why exactly someone’s trying to kill me, or at least what purpose.” She looks at me and smiles. “You see, we’re trying to take over Mundus’s empire.”

“Should I be rooting for you or scared?” I ask. Usually, when one empire goes down that reigned on terror and horror, the one after it was either similar or worse.