Lest you lose

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN DEVIL MAY CRY OR IT’S CHARACTERS! JUST MY OC’S.

Recap: “No, no!” She shrieked and fired her gun, and the next instant she was engulfed in a blue sphere. The next? She fell into a lot of bloody pieces. Standing in the doorway was Vergil, dressed in a blue trench coat with a katana at side, Nero in a purple trench coat. A very large sword resting on his shoulder and a very large revolver holstered on his leg. Marta screamed as I swore.

Marta stopped screaming and started to back away from my leg, I put a hand on her back to keep her from going back through the painting. “Trust me, going back is a lot worse than going forward.” I told her. I turned to glare at the remains of Debbie Pelt and turned the glare up at Vergil. “You know I wanted to do that.” I told him morosely.

He only raised an eyebrow a fraction of an inch. “A dog biting it’s owner?” he observes mockingly. I smirked at him and shook my head.

“No, just someone with an axe to grind.”

Nero raised his gun at my head and glared. “Hand over the girl as-”

“No cursing in front of her.” I replied back with a smile. That seemed to stun Nero for a second and it gave me the time to look down at Marta. “Marta, can you go with them please?”

“WHAT?!” was the response I got from the three of them.

I looked back at the two hunters and smiled. “Isn’t that what you came to do? To save the girl?” I ask sweetly. Vergil gave me a flat glare as Nero was questioning on whether or not to shot me. “So then? Do you want to take Marta away from this place or not?”

“You’re serious?” Nero asks unbelieving. I shrugged and gritted my teeth as something that felt like being cut with a serrated blade go up my back. Damn it Dee!

“Either you escort her out, or I will.” I tell them as I take a step forward and almost slip on a piece of Debbie.

“Eww.” Marta says as she looks at the bloody bits and pieces in disgusted fascination.

“Nero, take the girl and get her out of here.” Vergil says as he slightly lowers his katana.

“You sure?” Nero asks, his expression was his usual don’t fuck with me look in place. I wonder if he’s as sociopathic as his boyfriend?

Vergil’s glance at him showed he didn’t appreciate being questioned. “Just do it, I’d like to talk with this one.” He said, his grip tightening on the scabbard of his sword.

Nero sighed and raised his big ass revolver and pointed it up in the air. “Fine, come on kid. Lets get you out of here.” He said as he attempted to hide his… wow I did not see the other arm. It looked like some clawed gauntlet that was powered by electricity. I’d say a twisted version of Iron Man’s right arm on his suit mixed with a haunted version of a knights glove. “Take a picture.” He growls.

I shrug and guide Marta forward. “Go on now, you’ll get back to your mother faster with him than with me.”

“Okay.” She says absently as she moves forward. She didn’t even bother trying to avoid the blood guts and bone chunks unless they made to much of a loud noise. They squished and squashed making loud sucking noises. She was about three fourths of the way there when she tripped and screamed.

“You little whore.” A raspy familiar voice said hauntingly. We immediately went on the offensive as Nero and I raced to Marta’s side. Something bubbled and the blood started to swirl, and then Debbie Pelt started to reform with her hand around Marta’s Ankle.