── 02

SURPRISE VISITS

SURPRISE VISITS.

SINCE FREAKING OUT about your dilemma was useless, you decided to read a book. However every time you started to read a sentence you would immediately get distracted- it was starting to get annoying. For the past five minutes, you probably read the same sentence fifty times.

"What the hell is wrong with me today?!" You threw your bookmark in the book and tossed it to the side, giving up on reading for the night.

It was already ten o'clock so you just decided to sleep, hopefully, you'll dream about something nice to make the stress go away. As you started to take off your bra, a sudden knock is heard from the door.

"Hey [l/n]! It's me Kirishima, can I come in?"

You sigh, your hands falling to your side, "Come in!"

With a bright smile, the red-head enters your room with a pile of books, your face deadpanning to the sight. You weren't sure if he actually thought you'll start studying the day of, especially at this time.

"I brought my things to study!"

'Oh, he's being serious-'

"Where should I put them," he asked, looking around your room.

You get up from your bed and take half the pile of books from him, "Do you know what time it is?"

He tilts his head, "It's seven something right? I didn't really check the time..."

You moved to the side, pointing at your alarm clock next to your bed. When Kirishima read the numbers, you saw his mouth form an 'o' shape, turning towards you with a flushed face.

Earlier today he was so happy that you agreed to tutor him that he lost track of time, to busy worrying about what he'll have to study on when he met up with you. From what he knows about you so far it that your brutal when it comes to studying, that there's not a day you go by without reviewing.

To be honest, he was kind of scared of you since you never really showed any sign of emotion, but he was grateful for your help.

"Oh! I'm really sorry, I must've lost track of time- I'll just come by tomorrow then." The red-head scrambles to grab his books from your desk, your brows furrowing to how odd he was behaving.

Calmly, you place your hand over his when he went to grab his books, Kirishima looking at you with wide eyes.

"Since you're already here, I guess we can just get started," you mumbled, pulling his hand away from the books. Kirishima only gulps, not sure what kind of trouble he got into this time.

The books he brought were from all types of subjects, it made you nervous if he was really having a hard time with all of them. After you placed them all down on the small table in your room, you took a seat on the floor with the red-head to your right.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah sure," he says, his posture stiffening slightly.

You bend over the table and grab the workbook which says Japenese Literature, flipping the pages as you looked through them.

You hold out the book, "Are you really having that much trouble in Japanese that you need me to help you?"

The boy hesitated. He wasn't sure what you were going to tutor him on so he kind of brought everything with him, maybe that was wrong of him? He looked back up at you, your face still blank.

"I don't know," he stampers, scratching the back of his head. "I just brought all my books in case you asked me any questions about it."

You muffled a yawn, "I know you're excited about studying but I hope you know that this is going to have to wait till' tomorrow."

"Yeah, sorry about that," he mumbles.

Both of you get up from the floor, staring back at all the books. The sight was pretty overwhelming, however, you had a plan to maybe make this easier for Kirishima.

"Kirishima? What are the subjects you have the most trouble in?"

The boy brings his finger to his lip, "Probably math and English... What about them?"

He watched intently as you pick up only two books from the pile, handing it over to him. "For now, we'll focus on your weakest subjects. You can keep the rest of your books here so you don't have to carry them all back," you state, the red-head nodding in agreement.

"I was just thinking that everything might've been overwhelming, so I thought this might be a good place to start," you announce, tiredly looking over to Kirishima. "Is that okay with you?"

After listening, he realized that you were taking in everything to account, even about how he was feeling. The plan you suggested made him feel a lot better from what he did when he was at school, he was beginning to thank the stars that he had someone like you in his class to help him out.

He grinned widely, "Sounds great! That was pretty manly [l/n]!"

You blink to his statement, a tired smile on your lips, "I guess it was."

It wasn't a full out grin, but Kirishima had to admit that it was probably the first time he saw you do something close to a smile. Every time he would notice you, you always had this concentrated face- or a worried one like this afternoon.

When he was alone with you, he was starting to notice you in a different light, and he was excited to see more of it.

────