Freaking Life 8

I just woke up from my desk, and I noticed that our teacher was still lecturing. They haven't interfered with my sleep ever since what happened to me in the past few days. I can't dream about fantasies anymore, and it sucks, my sleep has lost its thrill.

I still can't forget what happened yesterday; it still bothers me. I didn't see Miles today; I only saw Paul, Roy, and Thane. Dennis hasn't been coming to class, as he said he's way too good for school, and I don't disagree.

Earlier this morning, I received an email from the coffee shop where I work, and they mentioned that they are temporarily closing for renovation. Great! It seems like I won't be receiving any money for my hard work, and I haven't received my salary for this month.

I'm currently at the soccer field, sitting on a bench, and reading a book. I was startled when a ball suddenly hit my book, causing it to accidentally be thrown away. What the hell?

I immediately looked towards the soccer field and saw Thane looking at me, smiling as if he intentionally threw the ball at me to tease me. I gave him a disdainful look, but I noticed that he was neatly dressed in our uniform. Actually, he looked quite good. I just rolled my eyes at him, ignored him, and picked up the book from the pavement.

I glanced at him again and saw that Paul had his arm around his shoulders, inviting him to play soccer. They seemed to have a good bond, but the stronger bond was still between Miles and Paul since they were always together. I wonder if Paul is really not affected by what happened yesterday; he seems fine for taking my side. Why does it seem so easy for him?

-

I walked down the hallway and went to my locker. I checked my belongings and found an envelope inside, colored blue - my favorite color. No one knew about my favorite color except Detdet. Could it be from her?

I took the envelope and immediately closed my locker. I walked towards the library to read the letter. I settled on one of the couches near the window, opened the envelope, took out the paper inside, and started reading it

Dear EE,

First of all, I hope you are in good condition now. I apologize for not having any contact with you. I don't know how to reach you because Dad took my cellphone and all my gadgets. We had a big fight because of that, but don't worry, we're okay now. I hope you're doing well, and I hope to see you soon. I miss you!

PS. Be strong!

Love
Detdet

I took a deep breath after reading it. I wonder who put this in my locker. It's impossible for it to be her since they are not here anymore. Never mind, I miss her too. I hope we see each other again. I also wanted to send her a letter in return, but she didn't provide an address on the envelope.

I took my bag, which was just beside me, and placed the letter inside. I will keep it safe.

-

I'm in the science lab again, and this time I'm not seated next to Roy. We're facing each other at the same table, as he is my partner for the project. Moreover, he's practically done everything since he was assigned as the leader between the two of us. He said he'd take care of everything, and while I don't want to be a non-contributor but I also don't want to cause trouble. I don't want to add to the chaos. So I let him be.

"Lizzy," Roy called me while I was observing the science-related tasks he was working on. Damn! He's smart. I immediately looked at him.

"Why?" I asked.

He paused from working on the project and looked directly at me.

"Will you come with me later, after your lesson with Thane?" he asked me.