Freaking life 2

Next morning,

"Damn you, Cerberus! I can easily tame you!" I shouted, throwing balls and squeaky toys at him. Let him have fun with those toys. But then he paused from playing, looked at me, and suddenly spoke.

"Elizabeth!" Our teacher shouted.

I immediately woke up, stood up as usual, and wiped my drool.

"Detention! Now!" he shouted again.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry," I quickly said and walked towards detention.

This is annoying! I feel even sleepier when I'm in detention. I took out my sketch pad and started drawing the things I dreamed about earlier. Well, I am one of the students in the art class. Art has been my passion since I was a child. I've loved drawing for as long as I can remember.

The subjects taught in this school are boring. If only I could transfer, I would have done it a long time ago if not for the scholarship.

While I was drawing, a guy entered the detention room with a cut on his lip, bruises on his face, and bandages on his knuckles.

"Thane Atticus Zachary, you just transferred to this school, and you're already in detention?" said the teacher who was watching over us.

He sat in the seat next to mine, well, we're not really sitting together; there's one seat between us. Wait? He's the guy from the coffee shop yesterday, right? Why does he seem so charming yesterday? Now he looks like a deadbeat guy.

Wait, is he the popular guy who just transferred to this school? Girls are going crazy about him, including my best friend. What if he recognizes me? Oh my! I can't let him see me. Immediately, I covered my face with my hair; it was long, and all my hair was swept to the right side of my face since he was sitting next to me. I didn't look at him again and just continued with my drawing.

"Why don't you teach those scumbags to be respectful?" Thane, the guy, replied arrogantly.

Oh wow! He has an accent.

"Son, the word 'respect' is not a trend in this school," sir replied.

Sir has a point. Why? Almost all students here are bullies, even the teachers sometimes.

"Do you know why you were bullied right away? Because you don't want to get along with them, and they find you weird," Sir added.

Do I have the right to hear their conversation? Jeez! Wait! What? Weird? If only I could stop my ears from listening. Whatever, why is this a big deal for me? I don't care about him, anyway. Never mind.

"And you? What are you doing here?" Thane asked.

I feel like he's asking me. My eyes widened, well, there was no one else inside the detention room except the two of us and our teacher who was currently dozing off. But I didn't answer him.

"Hey! I'm talking to you," he said again.

Oh my! He can actually speak properly. This time, I talked to him without facing him.

"I'm here because I fell asleep during class," I replied.

"For that reason? They give you detention right away? This school is so overdramatic," he complained.

"Thirteen times," I added.

"Oh, am I talking to you? Or talking to your hair?"

"Talking to my hair," I replied.

"Face me," he said.

No way! I will never show my face to you, and besides, your friend is a doppelganger of mine.