1

*4 months after 2x17*

Sam's POV:

May 9th, 2019

It was early in the morning, I slept all day yesterday just so I could leave my old apartment at 2 AM and drive to LA. I didn't end up making it to LA until 7, but that was perfect for me because that's when my brother told me he goes to work, at least, his postcard said it. I kept it very secretive that I was attending Stanford. The only ones who knew were my parents; Maddie and Evan still don't know that I'm in California. 

I've taken the last 4 years to take care of myself and grow from the past. I have had a lot to work through and my best friend, Nic has helped me greatly with those struggles over the past 4 years at Stanford. Unfortunately, those struggles have kept me rather isolated from my siblings, but hey, the phone also works both ways.

I was hoping to be able to surprise my brother before I went to my first day of work. I pulled into the parking lot of the 118 Fire Department and let out a sigh. I looked up and tucked a strand of my light brown hair behind my ear. This wasn't my natural hair color, but I dyed it a few days ago for a change from the natural blonde. I looked around the parking lot until I saw a man walking into the building, that man was my big brother.

I smiled and took my seat belt off, my keys and phone were in my hand; I locked my car from the inside so it didn't make noise. I put the keys and my phone into the pockets of my ripped jeans; I then looked to make sure no cars were coming before running across the parking lot in my red high-top Converse that matched my jacket. Evan turned to look at me, he was wearing light-wash jeans and a grey long-sleeved shirt. He didn't have time to react before my arms were wrapped around him. "Sammy?!"

I smiled into the hug and glanced up at him. My stupid twin had to take all the height, he's 6'2" while I'm stuck at 5'4". I got out of the hug and looked up at my brother. "Hey, Evan."

"W-What are you doing here? How? What happened to your hair?"

I started laughing. "Oh, yeah. Do you like it? I came to see you and Maddie."

He smiled and nodded. "How long have you been in California?"

"4 years,"

His face was priceless, "What? Where have you been?"

"Palo Alto. I was going to college at Stanford."

"Why didn't you call me? I've missed you."

I smiled. "I've missed you too. I just wanted to do something for myself. After we graduated, I took two years off to work. Then I went to community college which is paid off from the money I collected. Then I got a full ride to Stanford, I majored in education and I start today as an assistant. I have to be there at 7:45 and it's only 10 minutes from here."

He shook his head and smiled at me. "Look who's got all the brains, I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Evan."

"You know, mostly everyone out here calls me Buck now,"

I grinned, "Okay, Buck,"

"Well, since you're here, let me introduce you to my team."

"Okay." Buck tossed his arm around my shoulder and walked us into the firehouse.

Evan was always the greatest brother to me, Maddie was a great sister too but she practically raised us. My parents were always absent and I wish I knew why, Maddie said that they never used to be that way but they were for all of Evan's and my life. We walked between the two fire trucks and I heard voices all around us. "Oh no, Buck what did you get yourself into this time?" A lady with a shaved head asked from an upper area of the station.