9

Maddie's POV:

"I love you-"

"Hello? Sammy? Sammy!" I paused and the line went dead. "Shit!"

"What is it?" Linda asked.

"My sister, she was at the beach when the wave hit."

"Is she alright?"

"She hung up out of nowhere. That's never good. I haven't heard anything from my brother either."

"I'm sure they're alright."

"I hope you're right," I whispered.

Buck's POV:

*A few hours later*

I was walking around looking for Christopher, I managed to find his glasses but that was all. I have no way of contacting Maddie or Sam, I'm sure they're both fine though. Eddie is going to kill me though, that is if I don't kill myself first. If anything happens to that kid I'll never forgive myself. A couple told me they thought they saw him a few blocks away so I stumbled that way but there was no sign of him. It became noticeable that I was bleeding, I turned down help though. I needed to keep looking, I stumbled into the water and was forced to go with the people to the hospital.

I refused treatment and borrowed someone's phone. I called Sam but she didn't answer so I called Maddie and started crying. "Maddie, I took him to the pier." She started talking and I ducked down immediately, "I have to go," I hung up and returned the phone. What the hell is Eddie doing here?

A handful of mail trucks came rolling in and I was interested in it. Eddie ran over to the mail trucks to help, I saw the rest of the 118 and was relieved that they were okay. Eddie then locked eyes with me. He ran over to me, "Buck? What are you doing here? You're bleeding, why are you bleeding? Where is Christopher?"

I got tears in my eyes, "Eddie, I'm so sorry. Y-You asked me to take him out, so we went to the pier. I-I'm so sorry."

Eddie was trying to compose himself but he had tears in his eyes and I honestly expected him to punch me, I would have. Eddie went to say something when his eyes caught one of the women exiting the mail trucks. He ran over to her and I looked in that direction. He had Christopher in his arms. I smiled and went to walk away when I fell over. The rest of the 118 grabbed a hold of me. "Are you okay Christopher?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, Dad. I'm great." He then motioned to the little girl next to him. "This is Sierra."

Hen took Sierra towards the tent before returning.

We all smiled at him, "Eddie, have you heard from Sam?"

"No, have you?"

"No, I figured you would have," I responded.

"I saw her," Chris said.

"You did? When?" I asked.

"She saved me from the water after I fell in after I was with Buck."

"Oh my god, she was at the beach this morning," Eddie whispered.

"Where is she?"

"We got separated. She got swept away in the water."

"How long ago?"

"Maybe 2 or 3 hours ago."

"She might still be out there," Eddie said looking at Bobby.

"We will go check the tents," Chimney said and then ran off with Hen.

"I want to come and help," I said.