Other Friends.

Dont play song yet.

Asher P O V

"C'mon Jonas! We're almost there!" I shouted as I watched the exhaustion take over Jonas's body. "I-I can't last any longer..." Jonas shouted back. Although it sounded more of a whisper with his exhaustion and the wind howling like it was a werewolf howling at the moon.

"It's so close! C'mon!" I shouted. "I can't make it! I'm not gonna make it!" He shouted back. He seemed scared like if he gave up it would be the end. The wind and snow whipping in our face didn't make us feel any better. I saw tears, or what I though were tears, come to his eyes.All I did was shout and scream for him to not give up. He looked dazed like he wasn't there anymore. All I heard was the snow crunching under our feet, the wind picking up snow in every direction and throwing it. Gabriel was crying from the cold.

"Jonas! I see it! We're almost there just a little further!" I shouted once more. I could tell he felt tired and all he wanted to do was lay down in the snow and go to sleep. I wanted to do the same but I knew that if we stopped here, that would be the end. He climbed and climbed. I ran down to help him as I saw he was falling. It was so close but so far. 'We just needed to get to the cabin that the Giver told us about.' I thought. 'Then we'll be okay...'

It felt as if time had stopped. My best friend, laying there with his baby brother, in the snow freezing to death. I took the sling off of Jonas that was carrying Gabriel and put it on myself. I covered it with a blanket then proceeded to pick up Jonas too.

"Jonas." I whispered. "Don't die on me." I carried him to the top of the hill. I looked around for any sign of life. That's when I saw...

Beep! Beep! Beep! Bee-

"Ughhhhh.." I groaned. "What time is it...?" I lazily turned over to the table beside my bed.

10:27 am

"I'm late!" I rushed out of bed falling in the process and hit my nose. It started bleeding. "Not again..." I stood up and rushed to my bathroom. I grabbed some toilet paper and shoved it up my nose. "I look like I'm dead....I wonder if Jonas'll mind." Wait. What? Why would I say that? I don't like him....do I?

I stepped out of my bathroom and back into my bedroom. I rummaged through my closet and found a minecraft sweater and some black ripped jeans. "It won't hurt if I wore this a fourth time." I threw on my clothes

"lets go bud!" Dad called. I ran down the stairs and shot out of the door.

We pulled up to school and I got out of the car. "see you later mijo." Dad said as he drove away. I opened the doors and walked towards class. I heard voices coming from the bathroom so I went to check it out.

"Jon?"
"No."
"Michael?"
"No."
"Lesley?" This male voice asked. "No! Can you just stop naming people! You're not gonna find out who I like! You should already know since you're living in my head!" The other voice shouted. It sounded like Jonas was talking to someone "Just one more guess then I'll stop." He pleaded. "Fine." Jonas said bluntly. "Hmm let's see... what about...that Asher kid?" I froze. Were they talking about me? Why? I felt my face heat up.

"It maybe or may not be him. But he's my best friend so it'll be weird if I just kiss him out of the blue."

"I have to go to class. I got 15 minutes left." Jonas said as i heard him stand up and open the stall. He washed his hands and looked in the mirror. It looked as though he were relieved about something. I wonder what. Where did that other voice go?