Torurururururu! Torurururururu! Toruru-

Kakyoin turned off his alarm clock. I really don't wanna go to school... but Jotaro will be there. Jotaro... my only reason. And that dream again, who am I looking for exactly? All I can remember is calling for someone. I was in pain. But who? I'll forget about it for now.

He got out of bed and got into his green uniform. His scars were healing up better. He felt like he made Jotaro an anxious mess. He felt like he wasn't worth the worry and Jotaro losing sleep over.

He walked downstairs to see his parent's cooking breakfast for themselves. Kakyoin just made a piece of toast with jam, put it in his mouth, grabbed his school bag and out the door before his parents could even talk to him. He hated his parents. Ever since they found out, they shamed him. He hated having to be near them but he didn't want to leave the house, as much as parents wanted to but they didn't because it would make them look like bad parents.

He felt like he had to be someone else around them, someone he wasn't. Jotaro was the only one. The only one he felt comfortable with. And with Jotaro now caring more about his mentality, it made him feel like he was making Jotaro anxious. I liked that he cared about him but still didn't want to be a distraction.

He reached the school and entered his classroom. The teacher wasn't inside. The only ones were a girl with long hair with what looked to be an apple clip in her hair and a guy playing on his phone. The girl looked up when he entered the room and waved at him. Kakyoin nervously waved back and rushed to his seat.

He pulled out his sketchbook and draws. The project was far from done but it had some progress. The teacher walked in. "Good morning Mister Kakyoin." they looked at the drawing. "it's gotten better. Does Jotaro like it?"

"I don't know. I'm gonna show him when it's done. That's what I wanna do anyway."

"Alright." the teacher held a finger on their lips with a smile and winked. "I won't tell him if he asks." Kakyoin laughs. "Okay okay!"

Jotaro soon enters. He looked over and noticed the girl with the apple in her hair. He waved. "What do you know, you are in my class."

She just smiled. "I told you so."

Jotaro then walked over to his seat. "Good morning sensei, good morning Kakyoin."

"Good morning Jotaro. Who was that? that girl?" Kakyoin asked.

"She was one of the members of the literature club. She is nice. You might get along with her. " Yua turned her head towards him and walked up to the group.

"Hello Kakyoin, I'm Yua Sakura. I'm a member of the literature club like he said. I hope we can be friends."

"We can, and I don't mind but I'm very-"

"Shy and quiet." Yua finished his sentence.

"Yeah."

"Hey, Yua. Do you want to join us during lunch break?" Jotaro asked her.

"I would but I don't get to spend a lot of time with Hina so I spend lunch with her, so sorry."

"It's okay," Kakyoin said.

Class began. It was boring as usual. When lunch finally came, the student's poured out. Jotaro and Kakyoin went up to the rooftop. "It's kinda cloudy out." Jotaro pointed out. "It is."

"Hey, Kakyoin."

"hm?"

"Are you okay?"

"what do you mean?"

"You just seem, out of place. You seem quieter and more sensitive than usual. you cried when I hugged you and cared about you. That conversation at the coffee place seemed unusual. Your reaction to the little things. The cuts on your arm."

"Oh." Kakyoin's expression turned to sadness. "I felt like I made you an anxious mess. I felt like I wasn't worth the worry and you, my only friend, losing sleep over. You're the only one. The only one I feel completely comfortable around. I feel safe with you around. And with you now caring more about my mentality, it made me feel like I was making you worried. I liked that you care about me, I really do but still didn't want to be a distraction."

"Kakyoin." Jotaro sighed. "I'll try not to stress this out as much. I would be a terrible friend if I didn't care about you. I would be lying if I said I didn't. Listen to me, I care a lot about you more than you think."

Jotaro, Oh god if you knew I loved you. 'I care more about you than you think?' Does he really?

"Thank you." Kakyoin's face was flushed. "I do too."

"Kakyoin, your face is red." Jotaro grinned. "Do you get flustered that easily?"

"I mean, I-I don't know, do I?"

"Yes. Yes, you do." Jotaro smiled. "You look like a cherry."

"I do not!" His face proved otherwise.

"Yeah, sure. You also didn't answer my question."

"What?" Kakyoin was now confused.

"Are you okay?"

"I am now. I was worried about you."

"Alright. Good to hear. Let's get back to class."

They did just that. After class, they went to their clubs. Kakyoin made it to his club. He sat down and began to finish it up. "Oh Woah, that's really good!" A girl next to him said. "Ah sorry! I spoke out of turn. But still, it's nice."

'Thank you! What's your name?"Kakyoin asked her.

"It's Aoi Ichika. I'm from middle school. The middle and high school art clubs mix together."

"I'm Noriaki Kakyoin. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too!" Aoi said. "So, is that supposed to be someone?"

"My friend. My only friend."

"Hey! Don't say that! I'll be your friend too!"

"I'm really shy so it's a little hard for me to make friends. He is the only person I feel completely safe and comfortable around. If it wasn't for him, I would be an outcast and be depressed. I care an awful lot about him. Oh, I've been going on and on. I'm sorry."

"That's okay! To me, it sounds like you love him." Aoi grinned slyly

"Is that bad?"

"Not at all!" Aoi smiled.

"I do."

"You what?"

"I love him."

"Does he?"

"I don't know. He told me he cares about me and constantly wonders about me."

"I hope he does like you back. I'm rooting for you!"

"Thanks, Aoi."

A/N: In case you are curious, the teacher is nonbinary and uses they/them.