Noriaki sat at his desk, his teacher watching him a bit more closely. He couldn't blame the teacher. If he was a teacher, he would probably do the same thing. He pulled out his sketchbook. And began on the art project yet again. It was a lot better. The teacher noticed him and walked up to him.

"That's very nice. mister Kakyoin. Very realistic. Do you like to draw?"

Kakyoin nodded his head. "Yeah. This is an art project for the art club. 'Draw something important.' "

"You drew Jotaro? Well, he does seem to care about you from what I've seen yesterday. I just wanted to check on you this morning."

"Oh that's okay, I can't blame you for it. It's nice to know you actually care about your students."

The teacher smiled and nodded. The teacher was earlier than usual so on days like these, he just walks around the classroom and talks with his students and plans the day.

Jotaro shows up 10 minutes before class. He takes his seat next to Noriaki. "Good morning." The teacher looked at Jotaro. "Good morning, Mister Jotaro."

"Good morning. Oh jeez, you look tired. Did you not sleep well?" Kakyoin asked Jotaro.

"Barely. I was worried about you. But I got enough sleep to survive the school day. I'll be okay."

"I'm grateful that you do care for me but I don't want you losing sleep over me. Your health is important."

"Kakyoin is right. I'll allow you to go to the nurse to rest but only for the first class. After that, you'll need to come back. Kakyoin can get your assignments while you're gone."

"Thank you," Jotaro said as he placed his schoolbag down on his desk and walked out to the nurse's office.

The teacher walked up to the front of the room. "Okay class, now let's get started!"

[time skip]

Jotaro enters the classroom right on time. "Mister, Jotaro, are you better?"

"Yeah. thank you."

"Alright. Take your seat. Class is about to start."

Jotaro did just that. "Are you more rested? Here are your assignments."

"Yeah. And thanks."

The class starts again. It was as boring as ever. It was writing down notes, filling out assignments and random quizzes. Lunch came by.

"It's so pretty outside."

"Yeah. It reminds me of how we met when we were twelve. When you moved here, your mother and mine became good friends and some days she would come over and bring you along."

"They were good days weren't they? You're my first friend."

"It was good. I wished I could go back and relive them." Jotaro said with a sigh. He placed his hand on his side and looked out into the sky. "I can't wait for us to go to that coffee shop."

"Me too. I've been looking forward to it." Kakyoin said calmly.

"I'm glad. "

[time skip to the coffee place.]

They get there and Kakyoin holds the door open. "Go ahead, Mister Jotaro Kujo."

"Thank you."

They walk up to the barista and take their orders. It wasn't too long and then they found a small table for the two of them. "Thank you for taking me here, Jotaro."

"You're welcome," Jotaro said as he took a sip of his drink.

"Say, Jotaro... Do you believe in fate?"

"Excuse me?"

"Do you believe that everything happens for a reason. Is free will even free? What if everything that happened in your life was just fate and you have no control over? "

"I- Kakyoin. It's not like you to talk like this out of nowhere. I don't believe in any of it."

"You know, if you leave your life up to fate or because you believe it happens for a reason, then you are leaving your future in the hands of coincidence and consequence." Kakyoin shrugged. "I also want to ask, if you got to see your whole life, including the future and death, would you want to know?"

"No. Whatever happens in the future, happens in the future. Would you? Do you believe in any of this?"

"I don't believe in fate. I agree with you that you would be leaving your future in the hands of coincidence and consequence. I just find it very interesting. "

"Ah. I see." Jotaro and Noriaki sat there and had the small talk but it never lasted since they both suck at small talk. Kakyoin looked at his phone and checked the time. "Oh, I should get home. Thanks again, Jotaro" Kakyoin then hugged his friend.

Jotaro felt his cheeks get hot. Kakyoin then backed away from the hug. "Jotaro, why is your face pink?"

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing."

"If you say so!"

Then they go home. Jotaro got greeted home but his mother. "Jotaro! How was school today?"

"It was okay. I got to spend time with a friend of mine."

"Who?"

"Kakyoin Noriaki, do you remember him?"

"Oh, I do. The redheaded boy right? I haven't seen him in a while. Tell him I said Hi when you can."

"Alright," Jotaro said as he went up to his room.

He went in and sat on his chair. Kakyoin... He was greatly concerned about his friend. In the past week Kakyoin seemed quiet and reserved, well he was a quiet and reserved person to start with but it was more noticeable. Like something happened.

Jotaro doesn't want to force him into it, especially if it was actually nothing and just him being in a mood.

But the fate conversation caught him off guard. It wasn't something he talks about. He talks about art and random facts and sometimes cherries. He remembers the scars looking not recent, maybe a few months old. He remembers Kakyoin being sad and always wore long sleeves constantly but he never paid that much attention to his clothes. He was probably depressed and maybe still is. He shakes it off and saves it for tomorrow.