soulmate | 10

*listen to the song*

⚘ ⚘

"Soulmates are dumb!"

You were beyond pissed at this point. Truth is, you expected the hero to show up late but when he didn't show up at all--this broke your heart. The school festival had just finished and you were at the gate, tapping your shoe impatiently on the concrete sidewalk. The sky had begun to turn dark and you were feeling hopeless that he'd actually show up. Slowly, you grabbed your phone dialing Kyoka's number.

"Hey, bestie! What made you call?" Kyoka's tone was concerned than confused, she knew that you and Shoto were meeting up today but the male didn't give specific instructions and she thinks your call might have something to do with it. "Is Honeydew around? I think he's not showing up..." your voice cracked as you held in your tears, frustration filling you up to the brim. "Why don't you try calling him?" Kyoka said, worrying that you might actually start getting mad causing the timer to add up more days.

"He's not picking up... Kyoka, what do I do?"

Shoto was not sure if he was stupid, careless, or just a dumbass in general. He left his phone in his dorm room and if he was to go get it now, he would probably miss out on you arriving. He was also wondering what's taking you so long and he was keeping his head down, watching as people pass him by. Why didn't he just listen to you? Heck, why didn't he even text you?

To My Soulmate,
12/12/2016

✱ I really hate it when you won't listen to any important details I say :( It makes me sad and it'll probably make me cry if I learned that you haven't been listening. So, if you're reading this, and you're making older me cry... I will punch you, okay? It's just, I think soulmates are supposed to listen to one another and understand each other. I hope you understand me... and listen to me as well because I will do the same when we finally meet.

Shoto bit his lower lip and his whole body started to feel guilty. He didn't mean to not listen to you, he's just easily distracted when he's being observant towards others. Shoto felt his head throbbing, his headache from earlier worsening as he thought about wherever you may be waiting now. Shoto stood up and clenched his fist running towards your parent's boba tea shop, hoping that it was still open.

The small bell rang when Shoto opened the door and your mother directly recognized him. "Oh, hello dear! What brings you here?" The woman tilted her head and smiled at him, the same smile you would give him. "Is (y-your name) here by any chance...?" he asked, his face lacing with a lot of worries. "Oh, she's probably still at her school festival and she said she'd be going somewhere after..." 

"Shit," Shoto managed to curse under his breath, bidding a thank you and goodbye to your mother, as he dashed to your school. His stamina was incredible because he was barely panting when he got to your school, a few students still present. Though he wasn't sure which one would know you well, he asked a random student for your whereabouts. Luckily, the student was your junior and they were able to tell him that you left an hour ago.