soulmate | 30

⚘ ⚘

⚘ ⚘

It had been a pretty rough 20 days with Shoto and all you could ever think about was the idea of him being your soulmate being real. Most of the time, you and Shoto would argue over your overthinking and what-ifs and he would always reassure you even though he has less of free time. You would just send him one text saying you were upset about the ordeal again and he would send you ten compliments back. 

Now, you were at the park giving him a big hug because you have been crying for the past 30 minutes about how a terrible soulmate you are and how awesome he is. "I don't know, (your name)... you keep crying over this no matter how many times I tell you that you're the one..." Shoto gave a long sigh as he rubbed your back and kissed the top of your head. 

"I'm just... doubtful of myself, Honeydew..." you admitted, swaying both of you side to side while turning around, not minding the stares the people were giving. "I know... and I will keep proving to you that you don't have to be," Shoto grabbed your chin with his hand and raised your head so your eyes met with his. "I love you, (your name)."

To My Honeydew
04/23/2020

I know I just thanked you on the other note but I couldn't really bring myself to say only that. For now (and for as long as I think it would be), I would constantly be doubting myself if I'm worth it for you. You are too good to be true, Honeydew, and being with you is such a big honor. I want you to know that no matter how many times I try to bring myself down, please be patient with me and never let me go. Tell me you love me and everything will be alright. And even though my mouth would tell you I don't believe you...my heart will.

And someday, I'll be able to tell you I love you by saying I believe in you.

You shook your head, silent, trying to recover from the shock that washed over you upon hearing those words. "What did you say?" you asked, slightly parting your lips and squinting your eyes at his smiling face. "Are you really going to pretend you didn't hear anything?" he asked with a hint of pain in his voice as he rested his forehead on yours. "No, I heard you but..." you stopped as he tilted his head lightly, humming a response. "... I just want to make sure I heard it right, Shoto."

"Let me say it properly then?" Shoto's smile never left his face after you called him by his name. Your voice and the way his name rolled out of your tongue like that always had this effect on him and it makes him feel all warm and soft inside; the same way he makes you feel happy. "I said... I love you, (your name). I love you so much."

"That's... that's the first time you've told me that..." you chuckled as a small smile appeared on your lips, your hands cupping his cheeks. "Yeah, and if you still can't say it back... it's fine but I really just want to get that out of my chest. I mean those words a lot..." Shoto closed his eyes as he accepted the warmth of your hands in his cheeks, a blush brushing over them as you traced circles over them with your thumb. 

"I guess I can say something better though?" You said while you leaned in, giving the boy a small peck on his lips making him look down and chuckle. "Don't do that~" he whined while looking back up and pouting, an embarrassed expression painted on his features. "Well, aren't you going to take your revenge for it?" you shrugged, keeping a playful expression on your face. "You could have just asked for me to kiss you... that would have been better."

Shoto moved closer to your lips, catching them with his. Both your lip movements danced along to the beating of your hearts, both your eardrums exploding with the same beating sound. It was a small, sweet kiss but it was enough to fluster the both of you; knowing that you did that in public. When he parted, he gazed on your eyes again. "So, what were you going to say that was better than my I love you?" 

Your mouth started to move and Shoto was dumbfounded as he stared at every motion of your lips. For him, it felt like the whole world stopped and he felt his heart grow lighter as a prick had been removed from it. He found himself pampering your face with kisses as you giggle and push him away lightly, trying to stop him from kissing your face. Indeed, what you said was better than saying an I love you back to him.

Because even if he just said those words to you for the first time, you actually said: "I believe you, Shoto..." 

And both of you couldn't ask for anything more or better than what you have.

THE END