soulmate | 8

⚘ ⚘

⚘ ⚘

Kyoka Jiro sighed as her aching legs marched down the road to her school. In all honesty, she would have just ignored your text messages asking for her to pick something up at your school but she still felt guilty over what happened two days ago even though you and Shoto had given her assurance that it was fine--she still wasn't feeling it. The box wrapped in brown paper and tied with a red string was clutched tightly in her arms.

"Hey, Shoto... (your name) wanted you to have this," Kyoka placed the box on his desk, Shoto's eyes widened. His hands picked up the box, turning it around and lightly shaking it. "What's in this?" he finally asked, placing it back on his desk and smoothing out the brown paper. "It seems light... and it's shakeable." The female shrugged her shoulders admitting that she was just asked by you to give it to him.

"Just give her a call when you open it later or something," Kyoka suggested giving the male a warm smile while he nods in agreement, still pondering whatever it may be that's inside this box. You were in class as well, writing down on the last pieces of paper, notes that you wanted to give to your soulmate when you finally met them. The ones you sent to Shoto were notes you have made way before you turned eighteen--the first being the one you were first told about soulmates.

Your pen danced on the paper as you thought of the things you want to tell him on the day you would finally know his name, your eyes traveling to the timer above your head; 2 days. You smiled as you concentrated on writing the notes rather than listening to your teacher--at least, you still get good grades by self-studying than getting yourself confused over lectures.

Honeydew Hero: Mind telling me what's in this package?

You: Mind telling me your name?

Honeydew Hero: touche. I thought u were going to wait for that.

You: I am! So, you have to wait until you open that up later!

Honeydew Hero: Can I call you then so you would know my reaction?

You: Definitely! But don't expect me to spoil it for you.

Honeydew Hero: Alrighty :)

You smiled as you tucked your phone back under your desk, waiting for the day to end and anticipating what was going to happen at night. Time passed by quickly that you hoped it would and it was finally the end of your afternoon class, the sky painted with lots of thin clouds. Shoto had also finished their training, stretching his body and smiling as he walked out of the shower room and to the dorms.

"Someone's excited..." Deku commented as Shoto chuckled, a small smile plastered on his face. "And he has been smiling a lot lately too! This soulmate of yours must make you really happy, Todo-kun!" Ochako commented while the male looks away with an embarrassed face. "S-she does..." Shoto muttered as he walked faster, trying to avoid the teasing his friends were making. 

He quickly got inside his room, closing the door behind him. He placed his bag beside his bed and opened the zipper, revealing the brown package. He sat on his bed, feeling the brown paper on his fingertips again before moving to the ribbon, untying it. Shoto then ripped the brown paper, revealing a red box with a note that said; open with care. He placed the box on his lap, slowly taking the lid off and putting it beside him on the bed.

His eyes scanned the maroon colored notebook in front of him and raised a brow. "What... I don't need another..." his mouth stopped talking when he saw the small title on the cover. 

Thoughts To My Soulmate
02/23/2014

The male tilted his head to the side as he realized that you have written this way before you got your timer. What was it all about? His finger hurriedly fumbled through the pages and saw your handwriting. Every year before you turned 18, you wrote an entry on the notebook about how you felt about the whole soulmate situation. Shoto flipped the notebook to the last page and saw the recent dates; moments that had just happened after you turned 18.

Shoto grabbed his phone and the timing of you calling him was impeccable. "Hello?" his voice rang as he picked up the call faster than you could think of the words you needed to say. "H-hi! Gosh, that scared me," you sighed as you chuckled. "So, have you seen it yet?" your grin can be felt through the call, and Shoto managed to let out a smile as well. "Yeah, I just did... I was looking through it before you called."

"Well, what did you manage to read before I called?" Shoto's voice hummed before an answer came to his lips; he remembered a lot from his skimming of the material but he wanted to tell you the ones that caught his interest.

To My Soulmate,
03/10/2014

I forgot I had this notebook a month ago or so. But then again, I don't know when you will be able to read this--a few years after I turn 18? a few months? days? Honestly, I do not want to offend you when I say, I think it's weird that a system is made for us to find soulmates, right?

"Oh, yeah, I remember that," you exclaimed as you laughed remembering the first thing you wrote on that notebook for your future soulmate to read at. "Why did you find it weird? And how do you think 12-year-old you would react when she knows that you had 10 days before you met your soulmate?" Shoto asked, grabbing a highlighter and started painting the notebook with it to keep track of which ones he already asked about.

"Well, of course, it was weird, Honeydew... I just thought finding your soulmate would just come naturally and not determined by some clock on top of your head," you licked your lips as you thought more about it. "And I think 12-year-old me would have been surprised by it..."

To My Soulmate,
04/21/2015

Soulmates are dumb... but seeing older people being happy, getting together with their soulmates make me... happy too! I want to meet you soon. Until then, take care.

"That was cringy, Honeydew..." you groaned as you sunk on your pillow, the male's laughter evident. "I thought it was cute. How does it feel to meet me?" he asked while you rolled your eyes. "I haven't formally met you yet, dummy. So, I can't really tell yet." The night continued on with the two of you discussing the notes on the notebook and constant teasing from Shoto. But as soon as the line went silent, you asked a question that caught Shoto off guard, his heart once again a beating mess.

"What would younger Honeydew say about all of this though?"

Shoto crinkled his forehead and thought about how he felt about it before. "Honestly, he would probably think of it as a distraction. He would say that it's a waste of his time...?" Shoto was unsure what to say but that was what he thought a few years ago. "But just like you, seeing other people finding their soulmates filled a hope inside of me that I didn't know I had before. So, present Honeydew is happy..."

"...You make me really happy, (your name)."

You felt your face heat up as you covered your mouth with a pillow, holding in a scream. Shoto checked his phone to see if the call dropped but placed it back to his ear when he realized you were just quiet. "A-are you alright there?" he asked but you still weren't done fangirling and you were a blushing, giddy mess under that statement. You gulped in your saliva before sighing lightly, the male relieved that you hadn't died on him.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I think my heart just went 'oof' there, Honeydew."

Little did you know, while you were talking about how you felt about his statement, he had gone to put you on speakerphone and google out the definition of 'oof'. There were only 2 days left and both of you were ready to finally meet each other--at least this time, to meet each other formally.