Chapter 5

6 Years Later

"Toby, please tell me you're free today" I ask him my phone pressed between my shoulder and my ear, while making three plates of eggs and toast.

"No, sorry Lyssa I'm not. I have to go into work, I was supposed to be off today but I just got called in. Why? What did you need?" He asks sounding like he's getting ready and I groan.

"I have an audition to be a backup dancer for this band. They want to stay anonymous so crazy fans don't show up. I was hoping not to have to bring Greyson and Chance with me, but I guess I can get one of the other dancers to watch them while I dance. One second." I say while putting two plates on the little breakfast bar. "Grey! Chance! Turn off the TV and come eat your breakfast." I call out, the sounds from the TV go away and I hear their little feet pounding against the floor, then they hop up on their stools quickly starting to eat. "Okay, back."

"I'm guessing the girls are busy as well..?" He asks and I laugh.

"Yea they are but I knew that before today, they have classes all day today. I have their schedules for something like this. Anyways I have to eat and get Grey, Chance and myself ready. I'll call you, Anna, and Ever after the audition, bye Toby!" I say then hang up after he says his goodbye. I sit down between the two with my plate ruffling Grey's dark brown hair. He looks up at me with his big brown eyes that he got from his father and swats my hand away.

"Umma!" He whines making Chance and I laugh. Even at the age of five, he still had an obsession with his hair. Which always made me smile because I remember his dad back in high school and how much of a hair freak he used to be. Chance has the same obsession, but hers is a little more on the controlled side.

"I'm sorry Grey, will you forgive me? I pinky promise not to do it again." I say putting my fork down and sticking my pinky in the air. In our family, a pink promise are as serious as taking a blood oath.

"Otay. I fowgive you Umma." He says slurring his words. It was one habit I was having trouble getting rid of for him. But we are working on it. He twists his pinky around mine and pulled away and started eating his breakfast again.

"Chance, honey, you can't eat that slowly or mommy's going to be late for her audition. And you guys are going with me remember?" I say taking a bite of my food as well.

"Yeah, but, but, I don't have clothes mommy. What do you want me wear mommy?" Chance asks sweetly while taking a bite of her bacon, while also brushing some loose strands of hair away from her face with her with her fingers.

"Yeah Umma, me too! What clodes do I wear?" Grey asks while finishing up the bit of eggs on his plate.

"I've already picked them out for you guys. All you have to do is finish your breakfast now, and let mommy get you guys ready super fast, so that mommy can get dressed also." I say taking the last few bites of scrambled egg I'm eating.

"Umma do peoples have switches on them?" Grey asks after eating his bacon.

"Uh...no sweetie. Why do you ask?" I ask him.

"Because I could be like da macuum van, and eat my food weally fast." He says grinning from one side to the other.

"Well you can be vacuum man even without a switch." I say laughing. I look over at Chance whose food is almost done now.

"Wow Chance, you're like vacuum women!" I say smiling at her.

"Yup, I wanted to make you happy mommy." She says smiling while taking the last bite on her plate.

"Aww! Chance beated me!" Grey huffs angrily.

"No sweetie, see you can still beat me! Look, mommy's a slow poke." I say taking a really small bite and slowly chewing it.