Chapter 1

Okay, this is my second attempt at a 1D fanfic! But I promise this one will go better then the last! I am so excited to get this one going so here we go (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Lyssa!" one of my friends yell from across the cafe, but I just shake my head and keep rummaging through my locker.

Where is that essay?! Damn I worked hours on this one! I printed out in the library before school started... where could I have left it?!

"Lyssa!" My friend that I realize is Toby says from right beside me.

"Sorry Toby! I'm just looking for my History essay. It took me four hours and now I've lost it!" I say with a defeated sigh.

"You mean this?" He says holding up my six page History essay on World War II and a huge smile spreads across my face.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you Toby!" I say jumping up to give him a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck as his strong ones wrap around my waist and spin me around. Once he puts me down I grab my essay from him and hug it to my chest.

"Thank you Toby, you're the best!" I say grabbing the rest of my history stuff and closing my locker. I sling my bag over my shoulder and push my glasses up a bit.

"Come on let's get to class my little geek." I push his shoulder playfully and laugh at his nickname for me. All my friends -and by all I mean 3. Toby, Anna, and Everly- call me their geek but I don't mind because it's their nickname for me and it's said in fun. Everyone else in this school call me a nerd. I hate it only because I know they're making fun of me for it. Toby wraps his arm around my shoulders and starts leading me towards the classroom.

"So are you coming to my game tonight?" He asks. He's the cornerback on the schools football team, so me Anna and Ever always go to his games.

"Don't I always?" I ask smiling.

"That's good I'll need my good luck charm," He says pulling me into his side.

"Why? What's different about tonights game?" I ask looking up at him curiously.

"A collage scout is coming." he shrugs acting like it's no big deal.

"Oh my god! That's amazing Toby! But wait... We're not graduating for another four years?"

"I know but it's good to get on their radar early."

"Oh that makes sense."

"Okay so, I have two questions for you," he states pausing to look at me and I nod urging him to go on. "Okay one, Ever, I and maybe Anna -if we can convince her- are going to the bonfire after party. Do you want to come with us?" He asks and I instantly scrunch up my nose in distaste.

"No thanks I'll just go home and do homework or work on my routine." I say and he smiles understandingly, he knows parties aren't really my thing.

"That brings me to my second question. When is your dance recital and do how much are tickets for this one?"

"My recital is in just over a month and the tickets are $15." He nods his head and takes out $60.

"Three are for Ever, Anna and me the other is for my mom. She can't wait to see you dance again." He says handing me the $60. See Toby and I have been best friends since Pre K. His mom has always treated me like part of the family and she comes to all of my recitals.

"Okay I'll take this to my next practice and get you your tickets." I say leaning into him.

"You're the best Lyssa."