[4] Wolves Know Nails

The den was as big as he remembered. The twisting of the tree bark around huge boulders and rocks sanded down from the constant usage. The open tree balcony let in the bright sun that Zed had missed from the towering trees. Honestly, it was pretty fucking cool to be standing at the entrance.

   Willa had immediately stopped Wyatt at the front, dragging him away from prying eyes, sounding none too enthralled on an outsider being in the den. Wyatt seemed to argue with her, using a hushed shout between the two.

   Zed was frozen in place, the werewolves that had resided inside decided that staring at the zombie was much more entertaining than their play fights and conversations.

   Willa gave an audible huff and waved Wyatt off, who in turn gave a yell of triumph. He returned to Zed, placing a hand on Zed's shoulder. The rest of the wolves continued their games, as if they were snapped into focus from a spell. How strange.

   "Sorry about that, Willa didn't really plan on any visitors after the night of Prawn," the wolf gave a wave of his hand as he led Zed to a rock seat, slightly away from the rest of the pack. "However, I love having visitors. Don't let the others scare you, they won't try anything."

   Despite Wyatt's reassurance, Zed still felt extremely unsafe in the den. He would like to think he trusted Wyatt, but his initial feelings on the wolf from their first meeting still rubbed him the wrong way.

   Arms wrapped around Zed's stomach, he squawked in protest as he was lifted into the air, the attacker residing behind him.

   "Zed!" A sweet voice squealed.

   He was roughly placed back down on the rock, with Wynter grinning widely down at him. Wyatt was laughing, trying to turn away and conceal his amusement of the situation.

   "Wynter! It's nice to be welcomed so warmly, but did you have to-to like-" Zed stuttered, having found that he's being embarrassed quite a lot as of lately.

   "Manhandle you?" Wyatt provided helpfully.

   "I'm just glad to see someone come visit us since the incident. I'm happy to know that we have such a nice friend." Wynter clasped her hands together, taking a seat beside him. "So, what brings you to our casa?"

   "I came to drop by and see how you guys were. I should head back, I don't want to intrude on any pack bonding time, or whatever you do in your free time." Zed stood up, but Wynter and Wyatt grabbed at his hands in protest.

   "You should help me with reading! Willa assigned us to pick through all these old lore books and such. It's so boring with Wyatt, he doesn't have my sense of humor!" Wynter pleaded as Wyatt looked offended.

   "I am not boring. I was the life of the party at Prawn, did you not see my dance moves?" Wyatt let go of his hand to demonstrate a vague break dance move. Zed laughed as Wynter looked on in horror.

   "My point is proven, please join us!" The she-wolf turned back to him, and who was he to deny a damsel in distress (even though she could pummel him if she wanted to)?

   "Sure, I've got time."

   Zed was introduced to their library, which he would have never guessed to be so huge. It reminded him of the bookcases from Beauty and the Beast, the wolves detested that story. He saw a carved boulder table, the top completely flat and the sides shaved in, with smaller rock 'chairs' sat beside it. Several books splayed open on the top, he assumed they were the books that the trio were going to go through.