17

Professor McGonagall watched as the students filed in for the life lesson.

Surprisingly every single couple were on very good terms, which made her heart soar.

As soon as she heard about the law, she couldn't help but feel like she had already let her students down.

She tried everything in her power to prevent it from happening , everything.
But fate was already sealed and she just had to watch it unfold.

However, the news she had to deliver today was not going to be one they'd like to hear.

As everyone settled down in front of their tables in their comfortable sofa type chairs she stood and addressed everyone.

" Good morning students.

I hope everyone is well and healthy.

Just before we start our lesson I just wanted to deliver you information from the ministry of magic regarding the magic law.

The new deadlines have been released to ensure that within the next two years, you are happily married and are either expecting or have a child.

Today is the 10th of November.

By the 10th of January you should be engaged and by the 31st of July next year you should be married."

Absolute silence.

Minerva had a sip of water.

" I just want to remind you, that you are not the only ones going through with this.

And just before anyone asks - if the deadlines are not met - ministry action will be taken upon both individuals. "

" Now for our lesson .... "

Y/n didn't move as the professor's voice started to drown in her thoughts.

Engaged and then married within 8 months.

She was only eighteen for crying out loud. She was so blinded by the bliss of developing feelings that she totally forgot about the whole purpose of their coupling.

Regardless, her feelings for Draco didn't change but she felt rushed.

She was scared to look at Draco - he did not handle situations well.

She was getting ready for the awkwardness and silence.

Y/n would push things to the side and deal with them in private- Draco on the other hand would turn into a cold silent corpse- the issue clouding his everything.

Y/n knew this from before this whole law - his 6th year was terrible. Blaise told her himself , nearly breaking down over losing his best friend to something he didn't even know about.

" I want you to turn to your partner and discuss future plans and your personal future goals so you both have a good idea and can work around each other. You have to work together for yourselves and for your future. "

And with a wave of her wand she cast a silencing charm that would only let the couple hear themselves.

Y/n slowly turned her head to look at Draco.

His hand hadn't left her waist, which was a good sign.

He turned and had a strained smile on his face.

" So, what are you going to do after Hogwarts? "

Y/n asked him slowly , trying to clear the air.

" I was thinking about going into professional quidditch for a few years and then when I've had enough, go into potions and maybe start my own potions business. Become a chemist.