20

He hissed in pain as Madame Pomfrey poured a clear solution across his bloody raw hands.

"Damn" he said while clenching his teeth.

"You should've controlled yourself befo- "

" Please ma'am, I know " Draco cut her off.

She sighed and looked at Draco with a frown as he examined the cuts across his knuckles.

" I hope you and y/n are doing well - did she sleep well after that draught she took yesterday. "

He looked up at her and nodded with a look of slight shock on his face.

Because of him she couldn't even sleep. He wanted to growl in annoyance with himself. 

Poppy rolled her eyes at yet another imbecile who let his emotions control him. She had too many this year.

She patted his arm after applying some salve and wrapping his hands with bandages. He looked at both of his hands and sighed.

He thanked the nurse and walked back to his dorm for the night with his bag slung across his shoulder.

He couldn't stop thinking about the way she challenged him. A slow simmer of anger began to course through him again. And that's when it clicked.

If she could act all fine - then he would too. Starting tonight, instead of going through his day slowly and almost walking on egg shells around everyone - he was going to be Draco.

As he walked into the toilet to freshen up for bed- he smirked at himself in the mirror.

Y/n would want him.

Ofcourse he would apologise for what he did - but Draco wasn't perfect - and she shouldn't have taken it so offensively. They were both at fault - he was tired of taking the full blame.

He tucked himself into bed and smiled to himself before falling to sleep.

-----‐-----------------------------------------------------------
Draco woke as his wand vibrated under his pillow - he stretched and yeeted to the toilet.

On the other side of the hallway, y/n woke up again off the couch - rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She sighed and made her way towards the toilet. After her morning routine, she put on her fitted skirt that ended at her calf and her blouse and school jumper. She straightened her hair using her wand and let it rest behind her shoulders. She left the bathroom and waited for Luna and Harry. The trio went to breakfast and as soon as they walked in, they dug in to the food with their friends.

Y/n saw a blur of blonde and almost stared in shock as she saw Draco walk in.

He looked to be smiling at something the figure was saying next to him. Blaise laughed, who was walking on his other side, at the female who was walking with them. She wasn't in uniform.

Her brown hair cascaded down her back as she wore a long sleeved plum fitted dress that ended just above her ankles.

Her body was almost perfect as she curved at the right places. She dropped her head back and laughed before engulfing Draco in a warm hug, who returned it. She then hugged Blaise and the three of them sat to eat breakfast.

Y/n gasped internally when she realised the beautiful girl was in fact Pansy Parkinson. She hadn't heard from the girl since the war.

After her comment in the great hall, she remembers seeing the girl running through the courtyard defending the students. Seems like she regretted what she said and came to see the light.