Chapter Eight

"Good Morning Mrs. Mancini. And my baby boy" he said smirking.

"You proposed last night, I'm not a Mancini just yet."

"God you make me so happy Jenny."

"You know what makes would make me happy? I we addressed this morning breath because I can't." He rolled his eyes and started having a conversation with the baby.

"Hi Little One. I'm your dad, and I'm so excited to see you. And we're gonna play sports and play video games and work together. Would you hurry up!"

"You can't rush nature you dimwit." He kissed my cheek and ran to the bathroom. I don't know if I could deal with the baby doing what Michael does for a living. He jumped back into bed  and laid his head on my stomach.

"Michael how are you going to keep us safe? I mean no really knows about me but we have a baby to worry about now."

"Babe I will always keep you guys safe. Don't worry your pretty little head about that. I gotta call my momma and tell her the news."

"Michael about that. I know you told me that I couldn't work but this whole being a housewife thing isn't going to work for me." He put his phone down and walked towards me.

"And why is that?"

"Because Michael this is the 21st century and new flash. Women can work!"

"No. Staying home is the only way to keep you safe. And that is final. You will stay in the damn house and do what I say. Stop questioning me Jennifer. You will get dressed and we'll go down to the courthouse and get married. I don't need everyone to know our out of wedlock story. Do you understand?" He was scaring me and all I could make out was a subtle nod.

"Words, Jennifer."

"Yes Michael." He grabbed his phone and started walking out of the room. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. This isn't what I should be doing. I wanna live my life and do what I love. I shouldn't have to live in his shadow. I wanted the beautiful long gown and flower girls. He couldn't give that to me. I threw on a pair of leggings and a hoodie and made my way downstairs.

"Yes mama. I am overjoyed. I'm going to be father." He paused. "That doesn't matter she'll fall in line eventually. Its just a matter of time, the baby will keep her home anyway." I wiped a tear from my eye and made my way to were he was. We were going to get married in our casual clothing. Nothing fancy, no flowers, no family. He grabbed my hand and led me to the car. All I could do is stare out of the window, as he yelled at one if his workers in Italian. The car parked and we made our way up the steps. We had guards in front and behind us.

"You don't need to be nervous there are for your protection" he kissed my forehead. The judge handed us our certificate and we both signed our names. One of the guards whispered something in his ear.

"I'll get us rings eventually, but I need to get to work. I'll see you tonight." He got into another car and sped off.

"Are you ready to return home Mrs. Mancini?" The driver asked. That name sounded to foreign to me. We arrived home fifteen minutes later. This beautiful place would be my prison. This wasn't the Michael I learned to love. This man was hurtful and callous, he disgusted me. I wouldn't let my child be raised around him. I needed to bide my time. I needed to leave.

--------------------------------------

I'm back, only for a little. It is the beginning of the cursed finals week and the christmas season has given me longer work hours. Damn you Christmas joy!!!!!!!!  So again I'll be gone for a bit. But thanks for reading.