Journey: Carriage (2)

"D*mn! Look straight ahead, you dumbsh*t!"

When I saw him, I gawked.

I saw a merman with built like crazy, but what caught my eye was the tattoo on his upper left chest, near the heart. It was the symbol of the Abandoned District.

Yes, the one where most of the criminals fled to and the home for the infamous sea witch.

Behind him, I saw the carriage he was driving. The carriage was just the size of ours but with different designs. It has the same length and was a box type, but it only has one small window. Although it was small, like the size of one's head, you can still take a glimpse of the inside.

And there, I saw a face full of barnacles and it was decaying. You can see the worms wriggling.

I almost barfed at the sight, but fortunately, I held it back.

Our eyes met and I hurriedly glanced away.

I looked at the driver again, talking with our coachman. And I think it won't stop any minute now. So I held Flounder's hand and went back inside the carriage.

After an hour or so, the coachman got on and continued driving after apologizing about the situation earlier.

Whoo. I'm just grateful that it's already over now. My back hurts sitting on the carriage.

On the way, I again remembered the scene earlier. The driver, carriage, and the one on it. I don't know if there are more in there. But what I do know is that carriages like that contain criminals being sent off to the Abandoned District from the Trench Prison.

By the tattoo and weapons he was holding, I think he was one of the prison guards there. Maybe he was escorting the person in there to the Abandoned District.

Anyway, I looked outside and I can already see the bustling city from here. We're almost near to the Atlantic Ocean's only City, Atlantica.

Someone's POV

Hmm. I am now in the carriage being delivered to the most hideous place under the sea, the Abandoned District.

I've been kept as a prisoner for 9 years. And now it's time to go back.

I still remembered the scene earlier. The carriage bumped into someone else's, and the driver caused a scene, which delayed my travel.

However, it was quite fortunate since I saw someone who looks exactly like the one who put me into prison.

"Hahahaha! At last, I've gained back my freedom and even saw the one who made me suffer. Hahahaha!"

Truly, hell loves me. Hahahaha!

**

Hi! Thank you for reading. I hope you can put comments and let me know if the story is getting boring and all. Thank you again ☺️