The 7 Sea Kingdoms

Almost a year had already passed since I got reincarnated. There are not many changes, my father still visits me frequently and I've also met my 6 sisters namely: Attina, Alana, Adella, Aquata, Arista, and Andrina.

As you all know, in the original story there are only 5 of the little mermaid's sisters. But, in the movie, there are 6 and my sisters also have the same name.

There's a tradition here that when you are already 15-years-old, you can now go out of the kingdom and go above the sea. But of course, not to the human land.

I am still not sure if what world I am in, so I cannot be sure of the future. There is also a possibility that this world is a mix of both or an entirely different one.

But anyway, there's a ball happening later at night. It will be my first birthday, so I will be introduced to all of Merkingdom.

There are many kingdoms here. Our kingdom, the Red Sea, is one of the 7 sea kingdoms. My father, King Triton, is the head of The United Seas or mostly known as the U.S.

The U.S is composed of the Kings of the 7 seas and their advisors. They held their meetings quarterly and once a year impose a law for all the kingdoms. It was to avoid war and continue the peace.

The 7 sea kingdoms are: The Red Sea, Bering Sea, Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Coral Sea, White Sea, and lastly the Caribbean Sea Kingdom.

Although not recognized by many, there is a place at the bottom of a trench near the borders of this kingdom, where outcasts lived.

Those who lived there are either criminals who escaped or really dangerous people that practice witchcraft. And such was the infamous sea witch, Ursula.

They say practicing witchcraft was passed from family to family and generation to generation. There are a few who practice witchcraft, but the most eye-catching one was Ursula. She was infamous for this one story. But I'll save it for later.

"Little Princess, it's time for you to have breakfast." said Grandma. As she walked in, a smile was plastered in her face.

A month before the ball she taught me basic manners and etiquette. She also taught me a brief speech that I will say later on.

"Yes, grandma. I'll go there soon."

"Okay, dear. Don't forget that we will have a small talk later before you prepare." after saying that, she walked out.

I'll need to prepare now and dine with them.

I am now a year-old, but you see, mermaid grow faster than humans. But maybe not as much as I.

The growth phase of a mermaid is two times faster than humans. A half-year for a merbaby is already what a year-old human child can do, normally. Unlike humans, merbaby does not crawl or turn their head or flip. It was because of the gravity in water. But since I was reincarnated, partnered with a merfolk's fast growth, I can now talk straight and swim. This ability is supposedly for a 2-year-old merbaby.

At first, I was not used to my tail, but I always practiced whenever and wherever. Yes, I already explored the castle. And was already caught and reprimanded.

Okay, enough of this.

I got out of my room and head towards the dining hall.

I saw my father, Granny, and my sisters waiting for me.

"Sorry I was late." as I sat down on my chair.

As soon as I sat, we started dining. It was very quiet with only the sounds of utensils can be heard. It's because it is not ideal for one to talk during mealtime. If one needs to talk, it can be said after the meal.

Now, we ended our meal and Granny eyed me with a look of come-with-me.

As we got out of the dining hall, Granny and I proceeded to my room.

"Ariel, we'll talk while I help you prepare."

She helped me comb my hair and pick a dress. The dress was beautiful but simple. It has the shade of light purple with golden-blue streaks. A cute ribbon and frills at the end of the dress.

Oh yes! We have clothes here and all are made from plants. Brilliant, isn't it?

**

Hi. Please do comment if there's anything you don't find good. Thank you.