Characters from the Movie

It's now daytime and I am currently headed to my father's office.

I knocked at the humongous door in front of me.

Knock knock

"Come in." said the person across the door.

I quietly opened it and walked to the room. I curtsied at the sight of my father and his advisor, Sebastian.

Sebastian was handsome. He was a merman with maroon hair and black eyes partnered with the same color of his hair is his tail. He looked dazzling and quite young.

When I first learned of him, I thought he was a crab just like what the movie mentioned and portrayed. But looking at him now, I was really surprised.

Not only was he a merman but also young and handsome.

Speaking of him, another character appeared in the last 7 seven years. The fish friend of Ariel, flounder.

When I met him while exploring the outside the castle, he saved me from finding out by the castle guards.

Then we got to know each other. He was bubbly and cute so I liked him and ask him for his name. And that's when he said his name was Flounder. A cute name fitting for a cute merkid.

Going back to this situation in front, I bravely faced my father.

"Father, I have something I want to ask of you." I said. I don't care if Sebastian was here since he's a trusted aide of my father.

"Mm. What is it?"

"Father, if it's not too much for me to ask, do you know of a way where I can have human legs?" while giving him a cute look. But just the, something just sounded.

Bam!

"Ariel, do you know what you're talking about?" said Father. I know that he will get angry at some point, so I prepared some arguments in case.

"Yes, Father. And I also know that there is a magic item that can turn my tail into human legs."

"Yes, I know of it too, but you know that a magic item like that has long been forbidden." said father, the anger now lesser than before. Now it has a tinge of worry.

"I know, Father. It's just that I wanted to see if I can use it. I'm sorry, Father. Please forget it." I glanced at my father with a teary-eyed look and just by seeing his face turn into sadness, I went up to him and hugged him.

"You know that I only want you to be safe. And going to the land above is very dangerous."

"I know, Father. I love you." I kissed him on his cheeks and look at him with assurance while coaxing him to forget the matters.

"Alright, I'll be leaving now. Good day, Father and Sir Sebastian." I curtsied and went out of the room.

I hurriedly went to my room and prepare the things that I will need for my adventure. If Father won't permit me, then I'll have to do it on my own. I'll go and retrieve the ingredients for the magic item.

The magic item was a pearl necklace. The materials to make it was retrieved from very dangerous places. The string was made of the whiskers of the golden whale deep in the Caribbean Sea. And the pearls were found from the albino clams in the deepest part of the sea where the sea witch nearby lived.

It's a very dangerous task but if compared to the ridiculous contract from the sea witch, it was much better.

I am done preparing my things and will now set off. I left a letter for my Granny, she knows me best so I know that she'll understand.

King Triton's POV

I was doing my work at my office when my youngest daughter arrived. I was so glad to meet with her and knowing that she'll have some favor for me, I was very happy.

She then said her favor, sadly I cannot grant her request.

You see, that magic item was forbidden because of the tragedies that the owners have fallen from.

When they reached the land, some have fallen in love with humans and revealed their stature. But humans, wicked in nature, sold them and made them an entertainment.

I know it too well since my late wife was born human. She was not the mother of all my children but Ariel's mother. And I have once gone to the land above to pursue her. When I was above, I witnessed those things and due to overwhelming feelings, I have committed things I shouldn't have, but I didn't regret it.

I know my daughter too well, I've been monitoring her these past years, so I'll have Sebastian guard her secretly.

Sebastian is my trusted aide, he's capable at work and in battle. So, I'll entrust my daughter to him.

"Sebastian, go and protect my daughter."

"But Sire, who will help you manage the kingdom when I'm not around?"

"I can do the things here myself, my daughter's safety is much more important. Go! And no buts."

Sebastian bowed and left. Sigh. I'll just hope that everything's going to be fine.