Chapter 4

*the next night. It's Friday night.
Alli POV

As Riley and I are standing on the side of stage out of the audience's view, Jensen, Rob Benedict, and Richard Speight Jr. finish up their song out on stages.

"Alright, now we have two very important people here tonight." Jensen says to the audience as he puts his microphone on its respective stand. "As I'm sure many of you know, my co-star Jared and his beautiful wife Genevieve have been in the adoption process for a while now. Well almost three weeks ago now, they were able to adopt a lovely sixteen year old girl. If you guys could keep the applause calm when she walks out, that would be amazing. This lovely lady doesn't like loud noises all too well. Now Ms. Alli, come on out and meet everyone!"

"Go on, you've got this." Riley says, giving me a slight push. "Just go."

"Alright, I'm going." I say, and when I walk out onto stage, the audience claps, and it's not too loud for me as I go to stand next to Jensen.

"And now for our second guest of honor, my son Riley!" Jensen announces, and I plug my ears just in case. "Now, these two are going to be singing a duet together."

I will say, Riley picked the song and hasn't let me hear it, but he said it was one I know very well. And after everything is set up, the song starts to play.

Once the beginning instrumental starts, I look over at Riley, and if looks could kill that boy would be dead five times over right now.

I got chills. They're multiplying, and I'm losing control, 'cause the power you're supplying it's electrifying!

You better shape up, 'cause I need a man, and my heart is set on you. You better shape up, you better understand, to my heart I must be true. Nothing left, Nothing left for me to do.

You're the one that I want, oo-oo-oo, honey. The one that I want, oo-oo-oo, honey. The one that I want, oo-oo-oo, the one I need. Oh, yes, indeed.

If you're filled with affection, you're too shy to convey. Meditate in my direction, feel your way.

I better shape up, 'cause you need a man. I need a man who can keep me satisfied. I better shape up if I'm gonna prove, you better prove, that my faith is justified. Are you sure? Yes I'm sure down deep inside.

You're the one that I want, oo-oo-oo, honey.
The one that I want, oo-oo-oo, honey. The one that I want, oo-oo-oo, the one I need. Oh, yes, indeed.

Once Riley and I have said our goodbyes to Jensen and the audience, we head off of stage.

I decide not to say anything because I don't trust myself to not cause a scene with everyone around.

"Alli, wait." Riley puts a hand on my shoulder, and I jerk away from him.

"No." I snap, and of course the two of us get stuck alone in the elevator together.

Neither of us say until we're on our floor, which no one else but the Supernatural cast that came to the convention is staying on.

"So are you going to ignore me the whole time or actually tell me what your problem is?" Riley asks, and I turn around.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You seriously don't know what my problem is? Oh I don't know Riley, maybe it's the fact we both, and I mean BOTH of us straight up flirted hardcore for two weeks, then you said you had a girlfriend. Then there is the fact of that you've been flirting with me since we got here, and the song you chose! What the hell man? I mean, I'm getting mixed signals here."

Riley kisses me, and I kiss back, not hardly even registering what I'm doing. When we break the kiss though, reality hits me like a ton of bricks.

I unlock Jared and I's hotel room, slamming the door shut in Riley's face.
***

"Hey kiddo, the rest of the invited us to dinner. Do you want to go?" Jared says when he walks in the room.

"Is Riley going?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"I'll stay here. I'm actually feeling pretty tired." I lie, and I know that Jared can sense something is off.

"Call or text me if you need anything." Jared says, giving me a kiss on the forehead before grabbing his stuff and leaving once again.