Chapter 2

*2 weeks later.
Alli POV

As I'm wiping down the counter by the register, the bell above the door rings.

I look up to see Riley coming to sit at the counter.

"Well hey stranger, how's it going?" I ask, grabbing my paper pad and pencil.

"Pretty good I guess, my girlfriend's supposed to be here soon so that's good." Riley says, and I try not to let my smile falter any.

"What'll it be for a drink?" I ask, and Riley orders a sweet tea. I make Riley's drink and hand it to him.
***

As soon as I go to step on the first stair of the staircase after getting home from my long work shift, Gen calls out my name.

"Alli!" Gen yells, then I head into the kitchen, and Gen has my dinner ready for me.

"Thanks." I mumble, sitting at the island.

"What's wrong kiddo?" Gen says in a concerned tone, handing me a glass of sweet tea. "You seem pretty bummed out."

"It's nothing honestly, I'm just tired." I say, and Gen nods. "Thanks for dinner."

"Your welcome kiddo." Gen gives me smile before leaving me to eat in silence.

Once I've eaten and rinsed my plate off, I put my plate in the dishwasher and head upstairs to my room.

I take a real quick shower, brushing my hair and getting dressed before crawling into bed.

I state up at the ceiling, exhausted from my shift but still not able to sleep.

As I'm finally starting to fall asleep a little while later, my phone goes off with a ting.

I check my screen to see a text from Riley.

Riley (Cutie): Hey, are you okay? You seemed upset at the diner earlier.

I ignore the text, and just as I'm almost asleep, I get yet another text. I check my phone to see it's from Riley as well.

Riley (Cutie): Are you mad at me?

I decide to text back so he'll stop bothering me and so I can sleep.

Alli: Yeah, a little bit actually.

Riley (Cutie): What the hell did I do?

Alli: If you're gonna get pissed off, I'm not talking to you. I'm tired, I've had a really long day, and all I want is to go the fuck to sleep.

Riley (Cutie): Okay Alli, damn. Chill out.

Before I can even respond, Riley calls me.

*start of call*

Alli: What?

Riley: Are you gonna tell me what your problem is?

Alli: My problem is that you blatantly flirted with me for two goddamn weeks, and then tonight at MY work I find out you have a fucking girlfriend.

Riley (Cutie): I wasn't flirting, thank you vert much. I was just being nice.

Alli: Whatever, I don't wanna talk to you anymore right now.

Riley (Cutie): Alli wait a minute.
*end of call*

I plug in my phone, turning my phone on silent before finally falling asleep.