Chapter 3

*time skip to the weekend 2 days later.
Alli POV

As I'm getting ready to leave with Jared for the airport to go to a comic con, I get a text from Riley.

We haven't really talked to each other since the fight, so this is probably gonna be really awkward.

Riley: Hey, are you going to the convention?

Alli: Yeah, why?

Riley: I was just wondering because I'm going too.

Alli: That's cool.

I put my phone in my waistband, heading downstairs with all of my stuff, and Jared helps me load everything into the SUV.

I don't talk the entire ride to the Ackles house, and I don't even say hi when Jensen and Riley load up their stuff before getting in the SUV.

Of course Riley sits in the very backseat where I am, and I put my earbuds in.

I know that Jared and Jensen can tell something happened between me and Riley, but no one comments on it.

I start quietly, and I mean quietly singing along when my favorite song Heat Of The Moment by Asia starts playing on my phone.

I never meant to be so bad to you, one thing I said that I would never do. A look from you and I would fall from grace, and that would wipe this smile right from my face.

Do you remember when we used to dance, and incident arose from circumstance. One thing lead to another, we were young, and we would scream together songs unsung

It was the heat of the moment, telling me what your heart meant, the heat of the moment shone in your eyes.

And now you find yourself in eighty two, the disco hot spots hold no charm for you. You can't concern yourself with bigger things, you catch the pearl and ride the dragon's wings.

'Cause it's the heat of the moment, heat of the moment, the heat of the moment shone in your eyes.

And when your looks are gone and you're alone, how many nights you sit beside the phone? What were the things you wanted for yourself? Teenage ambitions you'll remember well.

It was the heat of the moment, telling me what your heart meant, the heat of the moment shone in your eyes.

It was the heat of the moment, heat of the moment, heat of the moment shone in your eyes.

Heat of the moment, heat of the moment, heat of the moment. Heat of the moment, heat of the moment.

I take out my earbuds, and everyone's staring at me.

"What?"

"You are an amazing singer." Jared says, and I smile softly. "Where did you learn to sing like that?"

"My mom loved to sing, and we would sing together over Skype and any chance we got." I explain, and the feeling of missing my mom hits me out of nowhere.

"Tomorrow night me and some other cast members are doing karaoke. You could come sing a couple songs with us." Jensen suggests, and I break into a huge grin.

"Really?" I ask, and Jensen nods, then I look over at Jared. "Can I? Please?"

"Sure you can kiddo.v