Chapter 1

Alli POV

I'm waken up suddenly by my roommate shaking my shoulder.

"Katy, what the hell? You know you can't wake me up like that." I snap without realizing, running a hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry, but your new family's gonna be here in a little while and you still have to eat your going away breakfast." Katy says, pulling me out of bed. "Ms. Cole said to dress like you would normally."

"Alright, I'll be downstairs in five." I shoo Katy out of the room so I can get dressed and look halfway decent.

After getting dressed and brushing my hair, I quickly put on some mascara before heading downstairs to eat breakfast.
***

Katy and I are hanging out on the back porch of the group home. Katy is the one that's playing the guitar while I sing, and we're doing this because we won't be able to do this since I'm getting adopted.

After talking for a bit, we decide on Night Changes by One Direction.

"Allison." I hear Ms. Cole say once the song is over, and I look up to see two people I thought I would never meet. "This is Jared and Genevieve Padalecki, they are the ones adopting you."

I immediately stand up, brushing off my shorts and legs.

"It's nice to meet you both." I say, shaking both of their hands.

After Jared helps me load my things in the back of the car, I turn to Katy.

"Don't you cry, because I'm gonna cry." I tell Katy with a mock serious voice, and Katy starts crying, as do I. "I'm not abandoning you, come on."

"I love you." Katy tells me, giving me one of her nice bear hugs. "Have fun okay?"

"Of course. Don't do anything stupid when I'm gone." I tell Katy as I'm getting in the backseat of Jared and Genevieve's vehicle.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Katy says as we're backing out of the driveway.

We both make a heart with our hands, and I wave.
***

"So Alli," Genevieve says as two of us are making part of dinner. Jared and the boys went out to get some other stuff for dinner as another family is coming over. "Tell me about yourself."

"Okay," I say, popping my fingers. "I love painting and photography. I also really like to cook. I've never had a grade below a B-, both of my parents were in the Armed Forces. I like running, I used to be on a dance team and a gymnastics team."

"Wow, you really do seem like an amazing kid Alli." Genevieve says, and I blush a little at the compliment. "Would you please go set the table outside on the patio?"

"I sure can."
***

As I'm swinging in the hammock while sketching in my sketch book and waiting for the other family to arrive, I hear laughing so I look up.

I see a really cute, and I mean really cute guy that looks about my age talking to Jared and Genevieve on the patio.

"Alli, come meet the guests!" Jared says, and it startles me out of my trance so hard I fall out of the hammock.

I close my sketchbook and pick up my pencil before walking over to the others stiffly due to my left hip being locked in place at the moment.

"Hi, I'm Allison but I go by Alli. It's nice to meet you guys." I say, and I look up to see THE Jensen Ackles and his wife Danneel.

"It's nice to meet you too Alli." Jensen says, and I smile. "I'm Jensen, this is my wife Danneel who is holding our daughter JJ, and that is our son Riley."

"It's nice to meet you both." I say, and I make eye contact with Riley.

I swear inside of me something clicks because I see an almost twinkle in his eyes, and I can tell mine did the same thing.

"Alright lovebirds, we better eat before the food gets cold

"Alright lovebirds, we better eat before the food gets cold." Jared says, and I blush a dark red, as does Riley.