Chapter 31

Izaya's POV

Shizuo had stayed by my side for the remainder of the day. He cleaned my cuts, made me eat, and was overall a huge source of comfort. I never thought that he could be so soft, especially towards me.
It was late in the evening now, and we were cuddling in the couch while watching horror movies. I snickered as Shizuo flinched at a quite violent scene. He proceeded to laugh when I screamed at a jump scare. I never could have imagined myself doing basic relationships things, especially not with him. However, I am content, snuggling against my boyfriend. The movie ends with the psycho killer in jail, and the remaining survivors piecing their lives back together, before the camera cuts to the convict escaping from prison.
I find myself smiling, feeling truly happy for the first time in well, ever. I can't help but feel it won't last, the negative thoughts trying to tear me down. I try my best ignore them, and continue to smile. Shizuo looks over at me, and a smile emerges on his face. I press my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat, proving he is real and everything is okay. "I love you..." I mumble quietly, closing my eyes. "I love you too, Flea..." Shizu-chan returns, toying with my hair.
I sigh contentedly, the feeling of happiness stronger than it had ever been. We went to sleep shortly after, with happy hearts.

My happiness didn't stop the nightmares from coming, a bad feeling in my chest as I observed my surroundings in the dream. My dreams had always been vivid, feeling and seeming real. In a flash, all those I cared for appeared around me. Shizu-chan, Shinra, Celty, my sisters, Simon, and a bunch of other humans whose presences I enjoyed. They all looked at me with distaste and disgust evident on their faces. Muttering cruel things and pointing at me. I looked to each one of them, feeling surprisingly calm. I was used to this behavior, even from those I considered my closest friends. I was the antagonist in most of their lives, after all.

Just as suddenly as they had appeared, they all disappeared, all but one. The smiling Shizuo from earlier was long gone as I stared into his eyes, glowing with hatred. My chest grew tight as he stalked towards me, all sense of calm fading in an instant. I turned to run, but was quickly grabbed by my hood and thrown to the ground, just like old times. The world around us changed from a blank white void, into the empty streets of Ikebukuro. Pain flowered through me, not expecting that. Before I could react, a lamp pole was swung into me, propelling my limp form like a baseball. I hit a wall, and I could hear my bones crunch from the impact. I slid down, coughing as I leaned against the brick. I didn't have the heart to fight the man I loved any longer, even though here he was, actively trying to kill me.

Soon I was covered in blood, my entire body in agony. I wiped my face with my hand, seeing blood. My nose was bleeding, that was obvious. I coughed, revealing more crimson, the taste of iron heavy on my tongue. I was barely standing, and I looked up at him with crazed eyes. A wide smile stretched at my lips, and I knew I looked insane. "You'd really do it? You'd really kill me, Shizu-chan?" The words were full of pain and malice, unfamiliar to my ears.

I was now watching from the 3rd person, watching as Shizuo walked towards me. I could do nothing but watch as he growled, "Of course I'd kill you, you worthless flea. Why wouldn't I?"
A laugh escaped the Izaya in front of me, a cruel and heartless laugh. "Go ahead then, you damn monster!"
I heard a smack, then a dull thud, and everything went black.

I shot up in bed, panting and covered in sweat.

A/N

I drew this yesterday out of boredom

I drew this yesterday out of boredom. Yes, I know it's not that good. I need to work on anatomy and drawing people more. But this was just a doodle. Decided to base a chapter off of it.