Chapter 13

No one's POV

Things had bee unusually quiet in Ikebukuro the past few weeks, and the people were starting to take notice. The lack of the fiery tempered blond and the playful raven had made everyone on the city feel uneasy, like something terrible was to come. Yeah, no one wanted to get caught up in between their game of cat and mouse, but it was a normal occurrence that one would surely notice the absence of. The dollars website was full of theories, wondering if Shizuo finally killed Izaya or something of the sort. The chat was usually quiet as well, Kanra having been MIA for longer than usual, and everyone, even Mikado, knowing Kanra's true identity, was worried. Shizuo was still working as usual, but seemed more angry and violent than he normally was. The ex-bartender hated violence, but it was one of the only ways he knew how to express his  feelings. Currently all the man felt was anger and betrayal, and had worry buried deep in his heart. He didn't want to lose the flea, but didn't want to go check on him either in fear of the flea lashing out again.

Izaya's POV

It's been around two weeks or so since I walked out of Shinra's. I can't remember, time passes by quickly when you aren't doing jack shit. I barely ate, but had Namie pick up whatever I needed. I didn't want to see her, so I just slid a check under my door for her when she arrived and took the groceries inside once she left. My house was silent except to the cacophony of beeping from my multiple phones, clients trying to reach me to check if I'm dead or alive, or when I'll finish my jobs. I don't care enough to reply. I lay on my couch, staring blankly at the ceiling. I turned my head to face the jar sitting on my coffee table. Celty's head always interested me, and it felt better talking to it than just talking to myself.

"So Celty, what should I do now?" I questioned the unresponsive head, knowing I won't get a reply. "I wonder if Shizu-chan would be happy to see I haven't kicked the bucket yet..." I hummed. "You're right, I should do my jobs...but they're all so boring! And the clients are all assholes, and I'm sure they're not very happy with my absence. And how would I even explain to them why I was? Like, 'Oh sorry I put your precious information on the line by trying to end my worthless life.' See it doesn't sound good, does it?" I grumbled. "And I'm sure if they see me alive and walking through Ikebukuro to find my precious Shizu-chan, they'd have my head!" I laughed. "Ugh, fine, I'll send them emails saying I was on a business trip and apologize for my absence and give then whatever information they wanted in that." I got up, only to be shot by a wave a dizziness, remembering I haven't eaten today. I shrugged, not caring as I plopped down into my desk chair. I spun around a few times before getting to work, the work relatively easy. I told newer clients I'd have their information as soon as I could.
After that was all finished I hopped onto my favorite website. I was immediately confronted with worried messages for Kanra, and forums talking about my disappearance. 'I hope that monster finally kicked the bucket' and things of that nature littering the dollars website. I groaned, running a hand through my knotted hair.

Kanra: Sorry for my absence! My mom grounded me from my phone! School has really been kicking my butt and my grades are terrible (´_`。) *sniff*

Immediately the chat was flooded with happy and relieved messages, and I couldn't help but grin.

Kanra: Well I gotta go now, gotta get back to studying!

I logged out and checked the time. It was around 4pm, so I still had plenty of time to go check on my favorite monster. I quickly got dressed, ignoring the dizziness that came at me in waves.