Cadmus peverell

Cadmus Peverell, the second oldest of the Peverell brothers, woke up in his bed. Beside him lie his fiancée, the most beautiful woman he had ever met. With a smile on his face, he stood up and walked toward the door. The moment he wanted to silently open it when a soft moaning of someone just waking up reached his ear. He turned around and walked up to his fiancée. "Hey darling, did you sleep well?" he whispered. She looked at him and answered:" Not really, I was so nervous about everything; our baby, our marriage, everything. "Cadmus smiled: "It's good to be nervous, it means you'll do great.". She looked at him, not convinced. Cadmus sighed at the look on her face and said: "let's eat first ok? you'll feel better.", She nodded.

Once they were downstairs, a house-elf was serving food on a table. Cadmus didn't even seem to notice the house-elf, when he walked the house-elf over, he just kept walking kicking the house-elf forth until it escaped from his master's feet. Cadmus sat down at the table together with his fiancée. She looked at the house-elf with pity in her eyes. She turned to Cadmus and said:" Have you ever thought about acknowledging our house-elf's presence? ". Cadmus shrugged his shoulders and said: "Not really, why?". She sighed, not wanting to quarrel she said:" Never mind".

Suddenly she breathed heavily: Darling, the baby is coming!" Cadmus jumped out of his seat and ran towards his fiancée. "medic!" He screamed. the house-elf ran towards his mistress: 'I can help her!". Cadmus hit the House elf with the back of his hand:" don't you dare touch her! Go find a wizard to do the job." the house-elf ran away.

After an hour the house-elf returned with a medic. The medic kneeled next to the woman and examined her: "You should have let the house-elf help her I am not sure if she will make it.". Cadmus looked lightning struck: "She will survive, won't she?". The medic looked irritated and yelled: I DON'T KNOW! IF YOU HAD JUST LET THE HOUSE-ELD HELP THE CHANCES WOULD BE BETTER!". Cadmus looked afraid: "Just please do all you can, I can't lose her.". The Medic sighed and said:" Of course I will, but please leave the room so I can concentrate". Cadmus stood up and walked away, giving a kick to the house-elf in the door's direction. "I need the house-elf as my assistant". Cadmus turned to the house-elf and said: "You will not lay a hand on her, ok?" he slammed the door.

Cadmus walked up to the griffin statue, turned to the staircase, continued to the door, and from there he ended the cycle with the griffin statue. He continued that circle-walk for what seemed hours. Tired of walking around, he sat down in a chair next to the door. If there was any news, he would be the first. He pricked up his ears. A frustrated yell from inside the door reached him. The yell was followed by a loud banging against the wall accompanied with a scream from the house-elf. After another hour the medic opened the door slowly, looked Cadmus in the eye and said: "she didn't make it" he closed his eyes as if he wanted to strangle somebody:" I needed the house elf, but you commanded him not to touch her. She is dead! Thanks to you. I needed to get the baby out while the house elf had to hold her still. I suppose you heard what happened after I said that to him. I tried to do it on my own couldn't just leave the baby so we could switch. she was losing a lot of blood."

Cadmus looked heartbroken: "no, she can't be...dead "a scream of mourning escaped his mouth. he looked up to the medic a flinch of hope lighting in his eyes: "the baby, is it alive?" The medic shook his head.:" Wretch! Bring me wine:" Cadmus yelled. The house elf ran crying towards the cellar:" Which one my lord?" Cadmus looked empty:" the strongest one...". The house-elf disappeared and came back witch a big bottle of wine. "40% my lord, it's not advisable to drink the whole bottle.". Cadmus hit the house-elf once again with the back of his hand. "get out of my sight!": he yelled to the house-elf whilst opening the bottle.

The medic left, leaving Cadmus alone in his house. The next morning, he woke up with a letter on his lap. he looked at it. it was from his brother; Antioch Peverell.